Bug? B4A 6.50 Freezes after a few minutes use (Fixed by reboot/Java update)

Derek Johnson

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm running B4A 6.50 and after 3 or 4 minutes the B4A window stopped responding to the keyboard or mouse. All other programs continue running normally. If it is being used in debug mode via a USB connection, the log also stops being updated although the App appears to continue running normally. I'm running Windows 10 on a Lenovo AIO.

I then tried a test where I started B4A on the default file and left it running for 15 mins and it continued to respond. However after I connected to the test device via the USB, then it stopped responding almost at once. I also noticed that there were now 2 processes running called B4A (32 bit) and the CPU usage doubled to 64%.

upload_2017-2-18_9-42-34.png

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I will post more detailed info on my configuration if no one else has experienced the problem.

Derek

Derek Johnson

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm running B4A 6.50 and after 3 or 4 minutes the B4A window stopped responding to the keyboard or mouse. All other programs continue running normally. If it is being used in debug mode via a USB connection, the log also stops being updated although the App appears to continue running normally. I'm running Windows 10 on a Lenovo AIO.

Derek

I think this may have been a one-off issue. I think the PC failed to boot correctly or some files were updated after it started. I re-booted and the problem seems to have gone away.

Derek