B4A ads Plugin

Boaz Display.io Rep.

Licensed User
I wanted to quickly reach out and mention that Display.io b4a Plugin is ready and you can use it together with our Android SDK.

We mediate over 20 different mobile ad networks, and our platform delivers top eCPM with 90%-100% fill rate.

You can contact us and our tech support will help with the integration process.

• Do you also need a traffic boost for your app?
  • Now, for a limited time, we offer FREE 5,000 app installs for new partners.
  • REGISTER HERE
  • And get 5,000 new users for your app (terms)

Features at a Glance:
  • Non-Intrusive Full-Screen Ad
  • Easy & Fast integration
  • Full Control over ad experience
  • Real Time Statistics
  • No minimum payout!
  • Google compliant

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I wanted to quickly reach out and mention that Display.io b4a Plugin is ready and you can use it together with our Android SDK.

as noted before the files supplied as-is don't work. there's something wrong in the library xml file.

support can be better aswell, when you report problems you get a reply with "I'll check it out, give me 24h to get back to you"
I still didn't get any feedback after 11 days and had to figure out via the newsletter that the library was released.

Besides that I have to admit it's easy to implement which is a big plus compared to some others.
And it's extremely lightweight compared to admob.

One issue tho... I seem to get an ad picture with an ad icon on top of it in the center.

I would personally replace the "No thanks" with a (x) close icon.

ad.png

Boaz Display.io Rep.

Licensed User
as noted before the files supplied as-is don't work. there's something wrong in the library xml file.

support can be better aswell, when you report problems you get a reply with "I'll check it out, give me 24h to get back to you"
I still didn't get any feedback after 11 days and had to figure out via the newsletter that the library was released.

Besides that I have to admit it's easy to implement which is a big plus compared to some others.
And it's extremely lightweight compared to admob.

One issue tho... I seem to get an ad picture with an ad icon on top of it in the center.

I would personally replace the "No thanks" with a (x) close icon.

View attachment 46008

Dear Sorex,

I'm sorry for the support issue and I will make sure it won't happen again, it never took us more than 24 hr to reply, so this is also strange for me.
I understand that the issue you mentioned was fixed. So if there are still any issues, please contact me and I will make sure it is fixed ASAP.
As you mentioned, we tried to create a very light-weight with easy implementation plugin so I hope you will enjoy it.

Regarding the Ad issue you mentioned, we have a few ad units, each with different design, our system A/B test between the different ad units based on performance. If the ad unit looks bad or doesn't perform as good as others, you will see it very rarely.

And last thing, the 'no thanks' will be replaced with an 'x' later this week as I got the same comment from a few other developers and we keep our ears open for our clients' comments.

I hope I answered your comments.
Boaz

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
yeah, not everyone understands english and the cross seems common for everyone.

I'll give it a try with the workaround of the old XML.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
to illustrate the 'lightweightness' ... my APK file went from 2.34Mb to 450Kb.

the only thing I miss is preloading of an ad so that it sits there ready to be displayed.

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What i think need changes (my sugestions)
1 -
Change the No Thanks to X button. (with a quality icon not 5px x 5px).
2 - Chance the quality of ads, images are pixeled and looks very bad :(. (images comparation, display.io vs adbuddiz Visual Only)
Screenshot_2016-07-12-09-51-56.png Screenshot_2016-07-12-09-55-34.png
3 - Change the white transparent color behind the ad to black transparent color.
4 - Add ready to show function, sometimes i need check if dont have ads, show ads from another ads network.
5 - Change the size of no thanks button on landscape.
6 - Change the quality of icons (restart icon, logo icon) on videos (landscape) here a image (it looks bad).
Screenshot_2016-07-11-15-04-31.png
7 - On website, fix the login (my email is never saved, every time i need write again my email to login, even using Remember Me).
1.jpg

8 - Will be good if later login already open the reports screen and not on applications screen.
9 - Will be good if already show the last 7 days or today when open the reports screen (Remove RUN REPORT button) and show the stats automatic when select a date.
10 - Add another languages to website, Português, Russian etc...
11 - Will be good if i search display.io revenue or earn on google and see some screens of this. (this is a incentive to developers), showing ecpm, revenue etc..
(for now i cant find any screen of revenue, or views example on google)

12 - Make The report dashboard more clear and easy to understand.

Example: if i select Last 7 Days i will see this (not easy understand)
My app test 1 - Views 20 - Clicks xxx - Day 01
My app test 1 - Views 20 - Clicks xxx - Day 02
My App test 1 - Views 20 - Clicks xxx - Day 03
My app test 2 - Views 100 - Clicks xxx - Day 01
My app test 2 - Views 100 - Clicks xxx - Day 02
My App test 2 - Views 100 - Clicks xxx - Day 03
this is a problem, if i have 60 apps i will see a very very big reports? :(

How this can be easy : if i select Last 7 Days and show this (easy understand)
My app test 1 - Views 60 - Clicks xxx - Last 7 Days
My app test 2 - Views 300 - Clicks xxx - Last 7 Days

The same for this month, last 30 days and etc...

I thought it was good
-
Very good fill rate
- no minimal payout
- can use paypal or bank
- Ads fast
- Easy to use
- Good dashboard, real time, clicks, views etc, (i made some tests and this dont scam views or clicks, like anothers ads networks :mad:)
- Very good support via skype or site chat.

in some days i will know about earn (revenue) $$$$ :):):)
i will post here later the results

Last edited:

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Boaz,

1. I see you didn't mention your network is CPI. We only earn money when users click on your ads AND install apps.
2. I hate the way your ads "block" the Back button (I can't close your ads by pressing Back button, I need to click on "No Thanks" button). AFAIK, no ad network do that. Please be consider.

Thanks.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I updated my app yesterday so it's still rolling out.

Due to a timezone bug or something counting stops once it reaches 21:00, everything from 21:00-00:00 is suddenly in the next day?

on this small time frame of implementation & roll out I had 192 impressions (till 21:00) and 9 click (almost 5% CTR) but I earned 0?

Admob would atleast give me something for that.

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
had 192 impressions (till 21:00) and 9 click (almost 5% CTR) but I earned 0?

As I wrote above, their network is CPI, you only earn money when users install apps.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
this seems like a bug...

picture of a sharing app and the icon in the middle of that tile tap 2 game?

bug.png

Boaz Display.io Rep.

Licensed User
to illustrate the 'lightweightness' ... my APK file went from 2.34Mb to 450Kb.

the only thing I miss is preloading of an ad so that it sits there ready to be displayed.

Hi Sorex,

We will have the preloading on our new plugin version, to be released tomorrow I hope.

Boaz Display.io Rep.

Licensed User
Hi Boaz,

1. I see you didn't mention your network is CPI. We only earn money when users click on your ads AND install apps.
2. I hate the way your ads "block" the Back button (I can't close your ads by pressing Back button, I need to click on "No Thanks" button). AFAIK, no ad network do that. Please be consider.

Thanks.

Dear Susu,

1. Yes, our platform is mainly based on CPI, like most other ad networks. Most of our advertisers are paying us when someone install their app, in some rare cases where advertisers pay us based on clicks and/or impressions, our developers (like you, hopefully) will also earn for their clicks and/or impressions. This is why you should manly compare between different ad networks base on eCPM and Fill Rate.

2. Back button - Some other networks 'block' the back button , but we will consider removing this block if more developers will comment on it. Thanks!

Boaz

Boaz Display.io Rep.

Licensed User
Cool, thanks!

I don't know what happend but my reveniew is suddenly higher than 0, which is good ;)

Hi Sorex,

As mentioned, our system is mainly based on CPI, and we mediate over 20 different ad networks. Most of our efforts are targeted toward our optimization system and this system needs at least 1000 - 2000 impressions from every app in order to optimize our ads and our campaigns for this specific app.
This is why it takes some time (depends on how many impressions you send) until you see decent eCPM.

Boaz

Boaz Display.io Rep.

Licensed User
I updated my app yesterday so it's still rolling out.

Due to a timezone bug or something counting stops once it reaches 21:00, everything from 21:00-00:00 is suddenly in the next day?

on this small time frame of implementation & roll out I had 192 impressions (till 21:00) and 9 click (almost 5% CTR) but I earned 0?

Admob would atleast give me something for that.

Hi Sorex,

Our portal time zone is UTC + 2
But we will fix the issue where you see stats after 21:00 PM on the next day.

Regarding the revenue you have so far, I answered on a different thread.

Boaz Display.io Rep.

Licensed User
What i think need changes (my sugestions)
1 -
Change the No Thanks to X button. (with a quality icon not 5px x 5px).
2 - Chance the quality of ads, images are pixeled and looks very bad :(. (images comparation, display.io vs adbuddiz Visual Only)
View attachment 46014 View attachment 46015
3 - Change the white transparent color behind the ad to black transparent color.
4 - Add ready to show function, sometimes i need check if dont have ads, show ads from another ads network.
5 - Change the size of no thanks button on landscape.
6 - Change the quality of icons (restart icon, logo icon) on videos (landscape) here a image (it looks bad).
View attachment 46016
7 - On website, fix the login (my email is never saved, every time i need write again my email to login, even using Remember Me).
View attachment 46017

8 - Will be good if later login already open the reports screen and not on applications screen.
9 - Will be good if already show the last 7 days or today when open the reports screen (Remove RUN REPORT button) and show the stats automatic when select a date.
10 - Add another languages to website, Português, Russian etc...
11 - Will be good if i search display.io revenue or earn on google and see some screens of this. (this is a incentive to developers), showing ecpm, revenue etc..
(for now i cant find any screen of revenue, or views example on google)

12 - Make The report dashboard more clear and easy to understand.

Example: if i select Last 7 Days i will see this (not easy understand)

this is a problem, if i have 60 apps i will see a very very big reports? :(

How this can be easy : if i select Last 7 Days and show this (easy understand)

The same for this month, last 30 days and etc...

I thought it was good
-
Very good fill rate
- no minimal payout
- can use paypal or bank
- Ads fast
- Easy to use
- Good dashboard, real time, clicks, views etc, (i made some tests and this dont scam views or clicks, like anothers ads networks :mad:)
- Very good support via skype or site chat.

in some days i will know about earn (revenue) $$$$ :):):)
i will post here later the results

Dear Douglas,

These are great comments. We are always happy to get good comments as we change and optimize our product based on our developers needs and suggestions.

Let me try to answer all:

1. ‘No Thanks’ will be changed during the next couple of days to ‘X’ as we got the same comment from few other developers.

2. Ads quality will be fixed in the next few days as well.

3. Why do you wish to replace the background color? Some developers prefer the white option…

4. I will discuss this with our development team, and I hope they can do this soon.

5. Again, the No Thanks will be replaced with an X sign.

6. Will be fixed together with the X change mentioned above.

7. This is only related to your personal browser settings, for example, on my browser email is remembered on login screen.

8. We will try to make this change on our next portal update

9. We will try to make this change on our next portal update

10. It’s on our ToDo list, but it will take some time before we will add new language to our portal. I think most developers are ok with EN

11. Next week we will add an eCPM and revenue calculator to our website. This calc will use actual data from our platform.

12. The default ‘Dimension’ field includes the following: Application; Placement; Hour.

To see the reports simple as you asked for, just click on Placement & Hour, so they will be removed, now click on ‘run report’ and you will see the simple report.

We will consider removing the Placement & Hour from our default option to avoid any confusions.

Again, I love your comments so keep them coming ;-)

Regards,

Boaz

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Cool, thanks!

I don't know what happend but my reveniew is suddenly higher than 0, which is good ;)

I got 300 impressions, 39 clicks but still 0 in revenue. It's suck.