Android Question B4A App with only one login

mmoreira1337

Hello,

I need to do an app that the user can change some values only if he login. The app works offline.

It's not important to the user creat a login or not.
I'm thinking in something that i can set the password on the code, the user just need to know this code.

Can someone help me?

MicroDrie

Licensed User
I'm thinking in something that i can set the password on the code, the user just need to know this code.
Hard code passwords (passwords written as plain text in the code) is seen as bad security because the password can de-compiled from the app. For a off-line app you can better ask for a password and use that password the first time to encrypt a file with the username and password combination. With this approach the username can only read with the correct password. You can create such file based on the KVS2 - KeyValueStore2 library example.

It's not important to the user creat a login or not.
Do you mean that it is not important that the user create his user password combination?

Upvote 0

mmoreira1337

Do you mean that it is not important that the user create his user password combination?
Yes. I'm making an app to use in a factory, it is going to communicate with the machines by bluetooth (This part I have alredy done), anyone who has the app can see everything on the app, but only who have the password can change some values.

You can create such file based on the KVS2 - KeyValueStore2 library example.
I'm going to try this.

Upvote 0