Android Question b4a automation oriented - MODBUS

fiaful

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Pecook,

I have worked enough with modbus ... translate the library itself is not complicated, especially if you rely on TCP to Modbus ... but if you want to use the rs485 bus (the most used and cheap), you have to write a library part that handles the USB port of the android device in a manner so that the data can pass correctly between the usb-rs485 adapter and the cascade plc... This requires many hours of development and testing on emulators ... then I fear that such a library will be realized only after a substantial reward ... but maybe I'm wrong and some crazy guy that has a little 'time to lose can achieve :)

Upvote 0

pecook

Licensed User
Longtime User
Nooooo ! We don't need slow RS232/485 RTU version ! Modbus TCP is part of library we need to implement ! Every Android device has Wifi or Ethernet access to TCP/IP protocol, enough for that.... This is what I would like to have implemented in b4a.

Pete

Upvote 0

pecook

Licensed User
Longtime User
Regarding testing. If somebody can port this java library to b4a, only Modbus TCP and UDP master, slave, I can do functionality testing and bug reports. :sign0085:

Pete

Upvote 0

oymyakon

Licensed User
Longtime User
Has anybody ported the modbus into B4A yet?
i have tried to transfer the jamod ver1.2 to b4a as a library
Everything seems to be right in eclipse and i have exported the jar file and and then produced the XML.
However when i try to run it on an android device i get a java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: pmodbus$pmodbus error.

Can anybody help me?

Cheers
Paul.

Upvote 0