Wish B4A-Bridge Icon - Traffic Light Scheme

Discussion in 'Bugs & wishlist' started by PhilipK, Jun 16, 2015.

1. PhilipK

PhilipK Member Licensed User

On occasions, the connection between my PC and Android device is intermittent. It would be really helpful if the B4A-Bridge icon could be updated and coloured according to connection status:

RED - Bridge not connected
    GREEN - Bridge connected

It can be frustrating to compile code only to find the bridge is not connected.

In terms of the thousands of users of B4A; this could amount to not only hundreds of hours saved but significant power as well. Wow, I think I may have just made a positive contribution to our planet!

Thank you, Anywhere Software for a great product and generating such a great community.

2. Mahares

Mahares Well-Known Member Licensed User

@PhilipK
    The below link has the source code for B4A Bridge 2.12 (latest version). It has a sub called: UpdateStatus. It has a label which you can change its background color according to connection status: You can also play around changing the activity background or title color from red to green to make it more noticeable. I did something like this a couple of years ago for an older version of B4A bridge and I had it in my wish list. Erel can certainly make it official in future releases.

http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4a-bridge-source-code.8153/page-2#post-299234

3. Gunther

Gunther Member Licensed User

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  4. PhilipK

PhilipK Member Licensed User

Ok, thanks for that.

5. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Note that in B4A v5.0 the IDE reconnects automatically to the device. In most cases you should not see any disconnections.

Gunther likes this.