Android Question b4a Bridge issues with Nox and MeMu

aedwall

Licensed User
Longtime User
My physical Nexus 7 tablet fell onto the floor and landed in such a way that it apparently blew out the ability to charge or pass data, so I need to use an emulator. I have set up BlueStacks3, Nox, and MeMu. When I run my project, BlueStacks3 does a fine job with running as an emulator - and I don't have to do anything with b4a Bridge or USB debugging or anything. The project just loads and runs. But I can't get the other 2 to work. When I try to use b4a Bridge I see "weird" IP's shown, 172.17.100.15 and 10.0.2.15. When I ran my old tablet it always showed something like this: 192.168.2.5. Do I need an older version of b4a Bridge? Or do I have to download the source code and hard-code a local IP into the code? Also, do I need my wireless? I don't think so, since my computer and the emulator are both running through the router (and I connect to Google Play using any of the emulators without needing to enable the wireless). Thank you for your help.

aedwall

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, an Intel computer. I spent almost all day yesterday trying to figure everything out, from the b4a SDKManager, to the AVD stuff, to various emulators. Quite frankly, there is so much information, and much of it in too many places to understand, bad links, instructions that don't make any sense (like references to controls that don't exist) that it's impossible to follow. Please tell me how I can use the Android emulator that you say works better now with b4a Avd manager. What must I do, keeping in mind that what I currently have works and I don't want to screw it up. I tried to use the Android emulator yesterday and it said something about it would be 10x faster if I used an x86 or something. But, as usual, no instructions for me to know how to get the 10x. Thank you.

Upvote 0

aedwall

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes.

Update: I have deleted Nox, BlueStacks, and MeMu because they would not operate the b4a-Bridge program properly (they never gave me an IP that would function properly - and I could not change the IP they provided). I did get the Android emulator to work with the HAMX acceleration. So Andy and DuOS both work with the b4A-Bridge and the Android emulator gives me the ability to set different AVD's for testing - Andy and DuOS aren't as flexible in this regard.

Upvote 0