B4A Bridge - Upper case missing text in Lollipop

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Lollipop does not like the word Bluetooth.
And there you have it :)

Lollipop -
Turns text in buttons to upper case - The word Bluetooth is missing from 2nd button down...

Screenshot_2014-11-13-20-38-53.png

KitKat and below (Pre Lollipop) -
All text looks great...

Screenshot_2014-11-13-20-44-37.png

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I get the same when I change manifest to sdk21. Seems to effect only buttons...
Also the buttons pop forward from the z list and I can't hide them behind the list.

Edit: Overcame by changing the theme to holo like Erel suggested here http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/th...ys-in-front-on-android-5-0.45807/#post-282961 , the capital letters problem belongs also to the Material theme - it disappeared with this Holo theme.
(Erel - you should add it to the buttons bug above)

Attachments

• sdk4.png
    sdk4.png
    45 KB · Views: 264
  • sdk21.png
    sdk21.png
    30 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That's true @Erel.
I've changed all my apps to have slightly wider buttons :) I didn't like smaller fonts size.

I've read about this happening in Material design all over the net. Testing my apps on my N5 and N7 using Andrid 5.0 and Material design yesterday gave me a couple of button issues which I've now fixed in the designer script.

I set in Manifest SDK 21 to Material theme but default theme is Holo.Light if the device is not running SDK 21. Best of both worlds.

I have seen this code on the net, but I was not 100% sure if it worked or not when it came to forcing Android 5.0 not to have pure upper case text on buttons.
B4X:
     <style name="TextAppearance.Material.Button">
        <item name="textSize">@dimen/text_size_button_material</item>
        <item name="fontFamily">@string/font_family_button_material</item>
        <item name="textAllCaps">false</item>
        <item name="textColor">?attr/textColorPrimary</item>
</style>

Last edited: