Android Question B4A Bridge with VPN and Android 6.0.1

yo3ggx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi.
I have a Nexus 5x with Android 6.0.1 (latest update) and I am not able to use B4A Bridge when connected using VPN (PPTP).
Connection is successful, but the application is not transferred to the device.
It works ok if connected over LAN directly.
I have no issues at all if using other devices (Android 4.2 to 5.0.1).
Anyone else with this problem?

Dan

yo3ggx

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't understand your sentence. I need to be able to use B4A Bridge from a remote location, when connected over VPN.
It work perfect with my other devices (pre Android 6)
How to use USB in this situation?

Thank you.
Dan

Upvote 0

yo3ggx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is stated in my fist message that B4A bridge connects successfully on both ends ("Connected" is displayed in both B4A IDE and on the device, but when I click on RUN the application does not transfer to the device. I get even a message in the IDE that the Log is connected, but nothing written there either.

Upvote 0

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
application does not transfer to the device

Did you activate "install from unknown sources"? Maybe another setting prevents it (antvir?) from beeing installed.

B4A-Bridge is just an app. From Android 5.x (depending on the ROM on the device) apps are not allowed to access the logs (like on my Huawei P8) for security reasons via WiFi/BT. Just connect it via cable and you will see the logs (not that comftable but not B4A's fault).

Upvote 0

yo3ggx

Licensed User
Longtime User
As stated in my first post, it works perfect when connected locally over WiFi.
The problem appears only if connected over VPN and only with Android 6.

Upvote 0

yo3ggx

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've seen something else strange. If you choose Debug mode, sometimes I am prompted on the device to install the package. but the process is interrupted in the middle.
Sometimes, still in debug mode, I get on the device the error "Parse error. There was a problem parsing the package".

Upvote 0

yo3ggx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, but only on my Nexus 5x. All other Android devices (more than 10) works without any issue over VPN with B4A Bridge.
Any other network connections on Nexus 5x over the same VPN works, except B4A Bridge.

Upvote 0

yo3ggx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Please read my first e-mail. It works perfect if I'm connected over WiFi in the same LAN, not over the VPN.
There is no difference in the TCP/IP connection when over VPN as I get an IP from the same subnet as the local LAN.

Upvote 0

yo3ggx

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have tried to use B4A-Bridge-Relay-Free from Play Store.
When I click Run (F5) in B4A, B4A-Bridge-Relay... show me that several files are transfered (~100), but at the end the connection goes shortly red and then back green showing 100% and nothing is run on the device.

I really don't know what to try more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0