Bug? B4A IDE error message whilst clicking on a project to load 🤯

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
G'day Anywhere Software,
I've searched the forum for this error but to no avail.

Ever since using first B4A V12.00 beta and then the full release, I've come across this error which only happens about once in lets say 10 to 20+ times per project openings.

I'll open B4A click on the file menu File and I'll select a previously opened project in the projects list (this could even be a project from the previous day), I'll click on the project name and this error will suddenly appear (but only about once in 11 to 20+ attempts of opening any project). If the project I click on was not on the top of the list, it will appear at the top of the list where I will click on it again and it will open with no issues whatsoever on the second time of asking. It's a very strange issue that has only started for me since B4A V12.00.

To tell you the truth this error does not bother me at all, I'm only reporting it because it happens. To me it's not even an annoyance because it does not effect coding or assembly, it only effects loading of a project now and again and it always works on the second time of asking.

I've uninstalled everything including deleting the b4xV5.ini file and I reinstalled everything from scratch including redownloading the Android SDK as per Erel's instructions for V12.00, but I'm still getting this error. Oddly enough though, I tried recording this error for Anywhere Software to watch and this error never happened in about 100 attempts of trying to reproduce it (it was a 4K recording). When I stopped recording this error appeared at the 9th time of asking.

At first I though that this only happened with either older or larger projects but it appears to just be random as it happened with a smaller test projects with only 1 layout file and less than 200 loc.

1670765097641.png

I've probably missed something extremely simple, but I'm more than sure that you will let me know either way.

Thank you.
Peter...

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Same bug reported here:

Does your own happen when you delete last item from a long list in the Files Tab?

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Same bug reported here:

Does your own happen when you delete last item from a long list in the Files Tab?
Yes I've ready seen that post in the B4i section. I've only ever gotten the error in B4A V12.00 whilst loading a project, not in B4i whilst leading a project and never ever before whilst loading a project an any B4X IDE.

I've just read that post fully, I added a file called zzz.txt to one of my projects and yes that error happened in B4A too whilst deleting the bottom file in the files tab, but with one noticeable difference, my screenshot above clearly has an extra line that says "Error load file" which is not stated in the B4i screenshot. In B4A the last deleted file does indeed bring up the same screenshot that is in the B4i post that you sent me, but I'm clearly not reporting the same error as the B4i error. I'm reporting a B4A loading projects Error, and not a deleting a file error.

Anyway cheers for the response, catcha on the flip side 👍

Cheers.
Peter...