Android Question B4A is a security threat !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devv

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello

yesterday i changed my device from Galaxy s7 to Huawei Y9 prime 2019

each application i make with B4a is detected as a security threat (screenshot attached)

the application does not use any library it is literally 2 lines code

B4X:
Sub Activity_Create(FirstTime As Boolean)
       Activity.LoadLayout("webview")
    WebView1.LoadUrl("https://beisat.com")
End Sub

this seems to happened to all apps made with b4a as i had a more complicated project that does not use web view which is also detected as a threat

Note: i never ever had this problem or saw this warning back when i used the s7 edge and s6 edge

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-08-04 at 12.32.27 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-08-04 at 12.32.27 PM.jpeg
    33.3 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
First: Change the thread's title because you claim that B4A IS a security thread. We are a community of thousands of users here. Noone would use it if it was so.

I also use Huwei phones (like many, many users here). I never got a message like that. Where does it come from? What kind of antivir sw do you have?

PS: When you search for that message you will not find any hints on Google which makes me wonder, too.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Making such strong claim "B4A is a security threat !!" is unethical, unfair and disrespectful. B4A is not a security threat. There is nothing in the generated Java code (which you can see) or in the internal libraries that poses a security threat.

The warning might be related to:
1. The fact that the app was not downloaded from Google Play which makes it more "suspicious".
2. The signing key that you are using. If this is the debug key then switch to your own private key.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.