Android Question B4A is a work of genius!

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Reproretro, Jun 26, 2015.

Similar threads

B4A Code Snippet Bicubic curves
B4A Library [lib] XOM
B4A Library ICOSWorldForecast 3.50
B4A Library SingleDateAndTimePicker
Share My Creation Oscilloscope
  1. Reproretro

Reproretro Member Licensed User

Not a question, but it’s true. I stopped programming probably before many people in this forum were born. But I never lost the love for programming and computers.

In recent times I have been meaning to try programming again, and then a good friend of mine asked me to develop an app – but how??

I didn’t want to use one of those ‘no coding’ drag and drop systems, I wanted to do actual coding. And I didn’t want to learn new languages. Then I discovered B4A, which uses a language similar to one I already used in the past (VB of course). Ok, there is a learning curve, but not a great one, and it is all so eloquently simple and professional.

I had a few problems at the start but they were caused by a combination of my learning curve and a glitch in a new release of the system (v 5), but 5.02 fixed that, and research and experimentation straightened the curve a bit. And within days of starting, I had a two-screen app, which actually serves a useful purpose.
    It was designed for my friend, it monitors the local weather and advises her whether to cycle to work or take a bus. Screen 2, which is swiped to (very stylish) displays the weather for the next 6 days. Heck, it even speaks the weather at the press of a button if she forgets her glasses.
    She said, "It is so cool having your very own app!"

So thank you for making it possible.

JTmartins, Jaames, vfafou and 10 others like this.
  2. mangojack

mangojack Well-Known Member Licensed User

Apologize to her .. add some adds and make some money ...;)

magi6162 and Reproretro like this.
  3. magi6162

magi6162 Active Member Licensed User

4. GGSoft

GGSoft Member Licensed User

Welcome aboard!

Reproretro likes this.
  5. Reproretro

Reproretro Member Licensed User

Thank you

6. Beja

Beja Expert Licensed User