Android Question b4a sdk manager - virus report while installing packages?

leitor79

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

Windows 10's Windows Defender reports Win32/Peals.F!cl trojan horse while updating some packages:

2018-01-04 03_08_07.png

Does anyone has the same problem? It would be safe to add those files to the white list?

I'm getting an error when I open the AVD manager, i think it could be related:

2018-01-04 03_13_50.png

Thank you very much!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

leitor79

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel, Hi Peter, thank you very much for your answers.

I've restored the files from the quarantine, but I don't know if that is enough. I've added the path to the exclusions but if I check for updates (in case something is missing), I get no updates available.

Installing HAXM solved this issue, thank you very much, but I'm getting another (I'll create a new post)

Thank you very much!

Upvote 0

leitor79

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

My recently-installed windows (10 x64, one week old) started to malfunction after this. A couple of blue screens, inability to right-click, windows defender security center closes right after it was opened and couldn't be run in safe mode, and so on. Kaspersy offline scanner found some stuff (in chrome temporary files) and SFC /scannow fixed some files but it wasn't enough. I had to reinstall windows.

While I can't say that the SDK has a virus, I think that maybe something came trough while the AV was off. I didn't install any stuff while installing the SDK but maybe something came trough the browser.

I'm writing this (advice?) so maybe other could learn from my bad experience.

Regards,

Upvote 0