Wish B4A v5.00 - Single Click Open of Designer

ac9ts

Licensed User
Longtime User
I know it's kind of a nit-pick but the new IDE requires 2 clicks to open the designer where the old one only required a single click. Unless there is more of a menu planed for the "Designer" button (other than "Open Designer"), can this be made to operate with a single click since the only (current) option is to open it anyway?

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
A few months ago someone was very angry about the fact that the Designer top menu opens a new dialog and that it breaks Windows standards.
It is indeed non-standard to open a new window from a top menu so I changed the behavior.

I know I commented on it, but I can't remember being angry about it. If I appeared that way, I apologize.

Nice to see it fixed, though.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
the submenu also leaves opportunities open to add additional things in the future so that extra click ain't bad afterall.

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I remember when Erel added the single click call for the Designer it was strange to me, not used to it.
Now, that we are used it, it looks strange to need a double click !!!???
Finaly I prefer the Windows standard.
The single click in the menu is really strange.
I am talking about include a button, like "New Project", "Open Project", "Save Project", to open the Designer with a single click in a button (and don't in a menu item).