Android Question B4A V5 FTP issue? HELP kind people!

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by thughesimsuk, Jul 3, 2015.

1. thughesimsuk

thughesimsuk Member Licensed User

This is a strange one, I have the latest Net Library (v1.53) and I have declared FTP in the Process_Globals,

Code:
    Dim FTP as FTP
    but when I type
    Code:
    FTP.
    I usually get a drop-down with all the members, but for some reason B4A is not recognising the members.. I get the following,

[​IMG]

This has only now become an issue since I have update B4A to V5, If I delcare FTP2 as in the following it works..

[​IMG]

I get the following errors now because of this issue when I compile,

B4A version: 5.02 (1)
    Parsing code. (0.96s)
    Compiling code. Error
    Error compiling program.
    Error description: Unknown member: downloadfile
    Occurred on line: 2840
    FTP.DownloadFile("/Support/"&UserGuideName,False,File.DirRootExternal,UserGuideName)
    Word: downloadfile

This is really causing me an issue because I don't want to have to go through all my modules updating my code for something that has always worked. Stranger yet is I have another project and ftp is working fine and its declared "Dim FTP as FTP".

I thought I would reach out to the community for help, its probably something dumb that I am doing but can anyone shed light on this.

Tom

2. sorex

sorex Expert Licensed User

you should never use variables named to objects to prevent misery and confusion.

just name it myFTP or something instead, a quick search'n replace will fix it in your other projects.

3. thughesimsuk

thughesimsuk Member Licensed User

4. sorex

sorex Expert Licensed User

I guess Erel has to answer that one as it might be a change in the (pre)compiler

5. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

I'm unable to reproduce it. Can you upload a small project that doesn't compile because of this issue?