Other B4A v9.30 has been released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release B4A v9.30. This update adds support for the new AndroidX SDK.

firefox_nvyw2qmamF.png

AndroidX SDK replaces the Android Support Library SDK. Android Support Library is no longer maintained and new resources such as the latest versions of Firebase libraries depend on AndroidX.

With B4A v9.30 you can continue to use the old Android Support Library or switch to AndroidX. Switching to AndroidX is simple: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/androidx-sdk.107236/

Improvements:
  • Support for AndroidX SDK.
  • Jetifier tool that creates AndroidX versions of libraries. Note that this step isn't needed for most libraries.

javaw_dyj1dW3oZR.png

• Auto bookmarks feature:

B4A_GE6MP7tWIW.png
    • Recent code positions and designer layouts appear as tabs in the window title.
    • The IDE decides on the list of tabs based on several factors (recency, modifications and others).
    • The list is saved together with the project and restored when the project is loaded.
  • Ctrl + Click on layout files from the code:

B4i_lh6eQY0UA6.png
  • B4A Sdk Manager v3.50 is included. It supports AndroidX resources.
  • Issue with BaseFolder in command line builder fixed.
  • Latest versions of internal libraries are included. TabStripViewPager is an internal library now.
  • Bug fixes and other minor improvements.

Developers who are eligible for a free upgrade will receive an email with upgrade instructions. Other developers will receive an email with renewal offer.

Dey

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release B4A v9.30. This update adds support for the new AndroidX SDK.

firefox_nvyw2qmamF.png

AndroidX SDK replaces the Android Support Library SDK. Android Support Library is no longer maintained and new resources such as the latest versions of Firebase libraries depend on AndroidX.

With B4A v9.30 you can continue to use the old Android Support Library or switch to AndroidX. Switching to AndroidX is simple: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/androidx-sdk.107236/

Improvements:
  • Support for AndroidX SDK.
  • Jetifier tool that creates AndroidX versions of libraries. Note that this step isn't needed for most libraries.

javaw_dyj1dW3oZR.png

• Auto bookmarks feature:

B4A_GE6MP7tWIW.png
    • Recent code positions and designer layouts appear as tabs in the window title.
    • The IDE decides on the list of tabs based on several factors (recency, modifications and others).
    • The list is saved together with the project and restored when the project is loaded.
  • Ctrl + Click on layout files from the code:

B4i_lh6eQY0UA6.png
  • B4A Sdk Manager v3.50 is included. It supports AndroidX resources.
  • Issue with BaseFolder in command line builder fixed.
  • Latest versions of internal libraries are included. TabStripViewPager is an internal library now.
  • Bug fixes and other minor improvements.

Developers who are eligible for a free upgrade will receive an email with upgrade instructions. Other developers will receive an email with renewal offer.

waiting for an email with offer
thank you

Upvote 0

Geezer

Licensed User
Longtime User
This App cannot run on your PC. To find a version for your PC contact the software developer.

Upvote 0

Geezer

Licensed User
Longtime User
The installer is not different than the beta version. Try to download it again using a different browser.

That got it. Thanks. I don't know why it didn't work. I downloaded it with the same browser I always do.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Where do I download it?
Please check if I am missing from the membership list.
Please contact [email protected]

I'm getting "not a valid win32 application" on XP32 bit platform.
installer runs fine on W764bit.
Developing on XP is problematic. Android SDK doesn't support it for several years now. B4A itself will run. You can copy the complete folder from the Windows 7 computer to your Windows XP computer.

Upvote 0

matt humphreys

Licensed User
Longtime User
Developing on XP is problematic. Android SDK doesn't support it for several years now. B4A itself will run. You can copy the complete folder from the Windows 7 computer to your Windows XP computer.

OK understood thanks...will sort it.
Just that 9.01.2 installed just fine so figured something changed.

Just a guess as i do not have any XP System anymore (outdated)

Do you have

Windows XP: .Net Framework 4.0.

.net Framework 4 installed?
thanks for reply Don. Yes have 4 installed.

Upvote 0

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great news. I have to start a new cross-platform app (Android & iOS). Have I to use the new AndroidX SDK ?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.