Android Question B4A wont load the new version of a library

mhartwig

Licensed User
Longtime User
I wrote a library and tested it in B4A the other day. Seemed to work fine. Added a few new features today.

Generated the xml and the new jar. Put it in the libraries folder and none of the new functions are there. I change the @Version in eclipse and recompile the xml and jar. Same issue. Still shows as version 1.00. Double checked the xml and it for sure is not version 1.00.

Why wont b4a load the new version of the lib. Is there a cache that needs to be refreshed somewhere?

mhartwig

Licensed User
Longtime User
I wrote a library and tested it in B4A the other day. Seemed to work fine. Added a few new features today.

Generated the xml and the new jar. Put it in the libraries folder and none of the new functions are there. I change the @Version in eclipse and recompile the xml and jar. Same issue. Still shows as version 1.00. Double checked the xml and it for sure is not version 1.00.

Why wont b4a load the new version of the lib. Is there a cache that needs to be refreshed somewhere?

NM apparently I have to Run As Administrator.

Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You need to right click on the library pane then click refresh.

Upvote 0

mhartwig

Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried that. If I just launch b4a it loads the old version. If I right click and go Run As Administrator, it works fine.

Upvote 0