Wish B4A5 - Better organization on Modules

Discussion in 'Bugs & wishlist' started by JTmartins, Jun 12, 2015.

1. JTmartins

JTmartins Active Member Licensed User

As it stands, the modules section on the right show us activities, classes,code modules and services ordered alfabetically followed by the subs in the selected module.

In a big project this really is confusing, at least for me, as I'm used to visual studio.

If we could have Activities, classes,code modules and services all organized under a section (one for each type) that we could colapse or open as needed.

I would prefer to see all my activities together, all my services together, etc instead of having them mixed around.

This is my opinion, of course.

JM

qsrtech likes this.
  2. kohle

kohle Active Member Licensed User

3. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

The idea behind tool is that you press on Ctrl + E and start to write the module or sub name. I think that this is the easiest way to navigate in large projects (where there could be 50+ modules and hundreds or thousands of subs).

4. JTmartins

JTmartins Active Member Licensed User

Erel, sometimes I have to pick up a project that I havent touched for 3 months...I do not always remember all modules or subs names. I know they are there, I have an idea of their name, but I end up looking for them in the list...If I could group them...Oh boy that would be wonderfull. :)