B4F ?

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Eish, jah neh. Perhaps they want to have all the candy to themselves. Ha ha ha. Microsoft acquired Xamarin because it had C# to write cross platform mobile apps. Apple made Swift to make iOS apps easier to write. Erel with his XUI propably wants us to have a single IDE for everything b4x (wishful thinking on my side). There's Xojo, WinDev, Facebook ReAct, Twitter Bootstrap, Google Angular, Google Material Design etc etc, keeping up has become a challenge!!!

We actually don't have much of a choice except to evolve, lest we die! :mad: and with everything else happening at Google, "may the force be with us all"

ocalle

Licensed User
Longtime User
Seems cool

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
To be honest: I don't like changing to other sdk's all the time. It's like VHS. As DVD came up I've bought the same films again. And as they brought Blu-Ray I've bought 3 films or so. Now we have Netflix & Co. and I don't buy any films anymore ;-)

crt

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think it's silly to have all of these coding languages, it all just gets compiled to the same assembler machine language. Just do basic and be done with it. There is no reason why basic can't be as powerful as C++ or Java, instead of running it through an interpreter and then compiling it, just compile it directly to assembler. It is all just words and symbols designed to manipulate registers, pointers and flags.

ocalle

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can be hard to maintain too