iOS Question b4i bridge on ios 14 beta impossible to istall

giagia

Licensed User
I have an iphone with ios 14 beta, when I download b4i-bridge ,I can't install it.
Anyone know how to fix it?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
There is an issue with installing apps from the browser in iOS 14 beta (https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/652391).
I don't know whether it is a new restriction or just a bug in the beta version.

Once you install B4i-Bridge, it will be able to install other apps.
I have some idea for a workarounds but I'm waiting to first understand whether it is a real issue or not.

For now do this:

Send yourself an email with:
itms-services://?action=download-manifest&amp;url=https://<ip address or hosted builder>:51042/download?type%3Dmanifest_<username>
You need to replace two values: ip address and user name (without the <> chars).

Open the email on your device and click on the link.

Upvote 0

giagia

Licensed User
There is an issue with installing apps from the browser in iOS 14 beta (https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/652391).
I don't know whether it is a new restriction or just a bug in the beta version.

Once you install B4i-Bridge, it will be able to install other apps.
I have some idea for a workarounds but I'm waiting to first understand whether it is a real issue or not.

For now do this:

Send yourself an email with:
itms-services://?action=download-manifest&amp;url=https://<ip address or hosted builder>:51042/download?type%3Dmanifest_<username>
You need to replace two values: ip address and user name (without the <> chars).

Open the email on your device and click on the link.

should the body of the email be formatted like this?
itms-services://?action=download-manifest&amp;url=https://builder1.b4x.com:51041/download?type=manifest_<my user hosted builder>

i send this email but the link is not open it

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
is there a solution for the local builder?

email option did not work as well. i am getting the same error: could not install b4i-bridge, try again later.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 103

is there a solution for the local builder?

email option did not work as well. i am getting the same error: could not install b4i-bridge, try again later.
copy the app to your Mac and install it with Airplay

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
the reason i uninstalled the b4i bridge that was installed on my iPhone is that when i tried to build my app using debug mode (or release mode) i get an error saying that the app could not be installed and i should try later. so i thought maybe i should reinstall the b4i bridge and this will solve my problem now i get the same error when i try to install the b4i bridge. your solution will mean that i will have to do that each time i build an app and this is not a solution for me. why i am not able to build any apps now?

i am using b4i v7.20 and local builder v7.26

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
ok i found the solution:

but i must say that it is very annoying to work like this. i have to use an original USB cable so the mac will recognize my phone and i have only 4 USB ports in my mac where all are already used. very sad that the usual way to build my apps is no more working :(

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 103

ok i found the solution:

but i must say that it is very annoying to work like this. i have to use an original USB cable so the mac will recognize my phone and i have only 4 USB ports in my mac where all are already used. very sad that the usual way to build my apps is no more working :(
Yes, it can only get worse.

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Apple Configurator 2 actually works better than the previous method.
You don't need to approve each installation and it is more reliable.

yeah, but i have to connect my device using a USB cable. i guess we have already become too spoiled and it's just a matter of habit :)

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Once you get used to it, you will see that it is more convenient than the previous method.

to tell you the truth. b4x went a lot of upgrades in the last few years and i remember always when there was a major update to the UI I told to myself WHYYYYY??? and then you came with the same answer you wrote above:

Once you get used to it, you will see that it is more convenient than the previous method.

today I cannot imagine working with the old UI so I can say that you taught me a very important lesson. don't be afraid of making major updates to my apps and I did. People first complained about it but after a while everyone was happy.

Keep the good work Erel, you are really awesome! ;)

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i forgot to mention that using the Apple configuration 2 option gives me a different (wrong) IP address in the b4i server. i guess it takes it from the iPhone that is connected to the local mac. so what i do is i first start the server to see the real wifi IP address and then set it in the server settings in b4i then when i connect even if i get a different IP address the real wifi IP address works. is there a way to show the real wifi address when the iPhone is plugged into the mac? or do i need first to run the server and then connect the iPhone?

thanx

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
1. Set your Mac to use a static ip. It can be done in the router settings or in the Mac itself:

1621832891071.png

2. Explicitly set the builder ip address as explained in the multiple ips section: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/local-mac-builder-installation.46402/#content

With that said, once you switch to AC2, the ip address is less important. You just need to put the correct address in the IDE. You can ignore the ip address displayed in the builder logs.
It was important when using OTA installations as the SSL key is based on that ip address and it must match.

Upvote 0