Other B4i v1.80 BETA has been released

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
This version includes several important new features including UI Cloud and support for embedding Objective C code inside the B4i code.

New features and improvements:
  • B4i UI Cloud. Similar to B4A UI Cloud. Allows developers to easily test their layout on multiple devices (hosted by Anywhere Software). Currently there are 4 devices: iPad, iPhone 6+, iPhone 5 and iPhone 4.
  • Take screenshot feature - While debugging you can take a screenshot of the device (Debug - Take Screenshot). Note that the screenshot only includes the app UI elements. Special elements such as camera preview panel will not appear.
  • DatePicker view added.
  • Support for inline Objective C code. This is a very important feature as it makes it much easier to extend B4i: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/inline-objective-c-code.49095/
  • Bug fixes and other minor improvements.
This is a beta version so make sure to backup your projects before using the new version. I expect it to be stable however there could always be surprises...

The mac builder itself was not updated. However the libraries were updated. So you need to update the Mac Libs folder (no need to stop the server).

All B4i users will receive an email with the download links.

Last edited:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well done Erel.

Any chance that we can enter our apple id and password somewhere in B4A and post our app to the store through the hosted service ?

Now it appears that we can only do that with a (hosted) mac.

Upvote 0

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
A little gfx placement bug in the designer?

DatePicker.png

Upvote 0

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
Getting timeouts using the UI Cloud for iPad and iPhone5C - otherwise great :)

Upvote 0

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don`t see a menu item for "Take Screenshot"

My mistake, didnt read your post properly.

It`s only during debug mode - unlike B4A.

Thanks Erel!

Upvote 0

little3399

Licensed User
Longtime User
  • Support for inline Objective C code. This is a very important feature as it makes it much easier to extend B4i. .................. so exciting ..

and this feature is there plan to port to B4A ? and can be inline JAVA code IN B4A program? :)

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
No, it is not about performance. Its about extendability.

It allows you to take a code snippet with a feature that is not implemented in B4i libraries and add it to your program.

NativeObject which is very useful to access "unwrapped APIs" can only access some of the APIs due to the way Objective C is built. With this solution can native code can be added.

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As to the inline Obj C feature, are there any limitations we should be aware about?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
It is explained here: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/inline-objective-c-code.49095/

Technically this feature is quite simple:
The compiler goes over the native code looking for #imports. #imports are added at the beginning of the generated module. The other code is added right before the closing @end.

Note that you can even add new objects by starting the block with @end.

Upvote 0