Other B4i v2.0 has been released!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
SS-2015-07-01_12.46.01.png

I'm happy to release B4i v2.00. This is a major update with many important improvements.
B4i is now based on the new IDE with the same advanced features as B4A v5.0 and B4J v3.0: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4a-v5-00-has-been-released.54653/

Other improvements:
  • Bug fixes.
Requirements

- Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0+ is required. If you are running Windows XP then you should install .Net Framework 4.0: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

- Developers running Vista or above should install .Net Framework 4.5.2: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42642

- Developers using a local builder should update the builder to v2.0 and use Xcode 6.3+.
If you have already installed the builder from the last beta then you only need to copy the libraries.

Users who are eligible for a free upgrade should receive an email with the download links. Please allow a few hours for the mail to arrive.

Note that starting from this version it is possible to develop iOS apps with B4i without an Apple developer account using the iOS simulator (with a local Mac builder).
You will still need a developer account when you want to test the app on a real device or when you are ready to upload it to the app store.

Last edited:

Roberto P.

Licensed User
Longtime User
excellent. where we find the simulator?

Upvote 0

omidaghakhani1368

Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you mean the beta version? There are several bug fixes and also the the new ShowPage2 / RemoveCurrentPage2 methods.
Don't worry Erel,i asked basic question because didn't see changelog in above comment.

Upvote 0

Jerez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks!

Upvote 0

eSolution

Licensed User
Longtime User
I use Windows and I have a hosted builder license but that is not allowing me to use the simulator. I can install OSX Mavericks 10.9 on my PC on a vmware... can I use a local builder on the vmware OSX image and B4I on the windows host so I can access the simulator? Anyone tried this before?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I use Windows and I have a hosted builder license but that is not allowing me to use the simulator. I can install OSX Mavericks 10.9 on my PC on a vmware... can I use a local builder on the vmware OSX image and B4I on the windows host so I can access the simulator? Anyone tried this before?
You need to use a local Mac in order to use the simulator.

Apple doesn't allow you to install OSX on a virtual machine. Please do not discuss such solutions in this forum.

Upvote 0

ivan.tellez

Licensed User
Longtime User
This update broke some code. You can't use DBUtils and the Table class together:

Error description: Variable name cannot be the same as a module name.

Is the best solution for this to change the Name of the Table Class?

Upvote 0

ciginfo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you explain in detail how to use the simulator when we are working on a PC (Win seven for example).
1) Is it necessary to have a Mac on the network. ?
2) We must install XCode 6.3+ on the Mac
3) Local builder is to install on the Mac or PC? How to install the builder?
Thank you

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0