Other B4i v2.51 is released

Discussion in 'iOS Questions' started by Erel, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

sorex, lemonisdead and MikeH like this.
  2. John Sturt

John Sturt Member Licensed User

Hello Erel
    I have an app currently in the review process
    built with 2.5.0 will it fail?
    Do i need to rebuild with 2.5.1 and resubmit?

3. tufanv

tufanv Expert Licensed User

The question is to Erel but if you have submitted your app without any problems it has nothing to do with you. I Think it is for people who wants to create new files using the csr created with 2.5. Long story short , no worries..

John Sturt and Erel like this.
  4. Erel

No. You don't need to do anything special.

The csr is only used when you generate new certificates. The existing certificates are good.

John Sturt likes this.
  5. sorex

sorex Expert Licensed User

Thanks @Erel, for providing this quick fix.

6. ilan

ilan Expert Licensed User

i have created new certificates with v2.5 and my app was approved. dont know about any issues

7. sorex

sorex Expert Licensed User

it was not a problem to create new provisioning profiles. the problem was to create a new base certifite as the CSR file was rejected.

Erel likes this.
  8. ilan

i didnot talked about the provisions file.
    i created completely new csr file and then new provisions file... and my app was approved.

9. ilan

i can upload the csr file if you want erel. maybe you are storing in it the b4i ver it was created.

10. Alberto Iglesias

Alberto Iglesias Well-Known Member Licensed User

I can use the certificates generated from this CSR (b4i) in my Xcode? Or need generate one for B4i and another one (through the keychain) to use with Xcode?

Thanks

11. Erel

No need. It it worked then it is fine.

Yes. It is a completely regular CSR.

12. Alberto Iglesias

Works perfectly Erel! Yesterday I need to create my certificates from scratch and I use CSR from new 2.5.1.

Now I get the Push Notifications normalized!

Thanks

Erel likes this.
  13. Glober

Glober Member Licensed User

I have just installed B4i 2.51 but now I can't create a .csr file at all. Using the "Sign Key" function in the B4i Programme I get a window "An error occurred. Error creating keystore file. Communication error: ConnectFailure". Where is it trying to connect to? In the B4i Keys Folder it creates the B4i.keystore, B4i.p12 and a push.dat, files but no .csr - What am I doing wrong?

14. Alberto Iglesias

Hello Glober,

In this moment, B4i try to connect with MAC Builder (local or remote), depends your way to compile!

Try check the server configuration..

15. Erel

Are you using a local Mac? Are you running the builder on the Mac (v2.51)?

16. Glober

Glober Member Licensed User

yes. I had it working last Saturday, but Sunday I could not compile (because of the Apple security changes, I assume?) and started playing around with the B4i keys, but then the new .csr did not work of course, and now after installing the update I am stuck for some reason.

17. Erel

It seems like a network problem. You can contact support@basic4ppc.com and we will send you a temporary user id for the hosted builder. It will allow you to create the key.

18. Haris Hafeez

Haris Hafeez Active Member Licensed User

Does this mean that from now on, B4i needs to be connected to either a local or hosted builder before the keys are set up?

19. Erel

This is only required once when you create the keys.

20. billyrudi

billyrudi Active Member Licensed User

Hi Erel,
    i have a comunication error: ConnectFailure (error creating a keystrore file) creating a new Private sign Key.
    How i can do?