B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release B4i v4.40.
This version is fully compatible with Xcode 9

SS-2017-10-23_13.15.55.png

Improvements:

Developers who are eligible for a free upgrade will receive an email with upgrade instructions.

Note that the hosted builders are planned to be updated to Xcode 9 during December.

Last edited:

BillMeyer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks - Much Appreciated !!

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
thanx Erel.

i have a small question, please. i have updated all my apps with the beta version (b4i 4.40 beta) because i didnot knew when the finished version will be ready.
so should i now compile all apps again with the new version or there should not be any problems with the beta?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
so should i now compile all apps again with the new version or there should not be any problems with the beta?
No need to compile again. There was a bug related to image files starting with "icon". Such images caused errors during compilation so it is not relevant if your apps compiled properly.

There was also an important fix related to libraries with modules, however the issue only happened in debug mode (and the issue existed for many versions).

Upvote 0

Manolete

Licensed User
Hi Erel,
I have this issue:
When I compile with Version 4.40 and try to build B4Bridge App this error comes:
File 'C:\Users\Manuel\Desktop\AppGP\iOSApp\Objects\src\Images.xcassets\AppIcon.appiconset\icon-store-1024.png'already exists.
upload_2017-10-24_17-2-16.png

This does not happen if Build Release App
What can I do to solve this.

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Manuel

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I see this issue. It is fixed for the next update.
You have two options for now:
1. Temporary remove icon-store-1024.png from <project>\Files\Special, build the bridge and copy it back.
2. Create a new project. Change the package name and build the bridge.

Once you install B4i-Bridge you can use it with all your apps.

Upvote 0