Other B4i v5.81 has been released

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
As always I'm happy to release a new version :)

This update includes many IDE improvements as well as other improvements:

• Bookmarks and breakpoints are listed in the modules tree:

B4i_RQ9QNmelaH.png
  • Auto bookmarks feature:

B4i_xaShiTIuJf.png
    • Recent code positions and designer layouts appear as tabs in the window title.
    • The IDE decides on the list of tabs based on several factors (recency, modifications and others).
    • The list is saved together with the project and restored when the project is loaded.
  • Auto backup improvements:
    • Project is saved before backup, based on the auto save option.
    • Project name added to the backup file.
    • The project folder is configurable (AutoBackupFolder in the ini file).
  • Warning for unused parameters in private, non-event, subs.
  • Additional library folder can be configured with a B4X folder for cross platform libraries: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4x-additional-libraries-folder.103165/
  • #Event declarations appear in the autocomplete list.
  • Ctrl + Click on layout files from the code:

B4i_lh6eQY0UA6.png

• Fix for a long standing issue that caused scope changes of global variables to not always be detected.
  • Compilation performance improvements.
  • TextView / TextField SpellChecking property.
  • Default launch images for iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR were added.
  • #CertificateFile attribute supports absolute paths.
  • Debugger improvements.
  • Simulator builds with the hosted builder (Tools - Build Server - Build Simulator Release App).
    The simulator requires a Mac computer. With this improvement, developers using the hosted builder can make a simulator build, download it and then run it on an online service such as https://appetize.io/ or on any accessible Mac.
  • Bug fixes and other minor improvements.
Developers who are eligible for a free upgrade will receive an email with installation instructions. Other developers will receive an email with a renewal offer.

Update: v5.81 was released. It is available from the same link as before. It fixes the issues related to the search feature.

Last edited:

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Erel Will some of these innovative new features also be implemented in the other B4X products? Those 'status tabs' seems very interesting. It reminds me of Visual studio online features from the look of it, even though it can have another functionality cloud based solutions is very powerful. Great work.

Upvote 0

techknight

Licensed User
Longtime User
Search is broken. Nothing pops up when I go to search for something, and now I am getting a SwiftButton conflict as I use the code module with slight modifications for what I need. But thats for a different thread.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
@Erel Will some of these innovative new features also be implemented in the other B4X products? Those 'status tabs' seems very interesting. It reminds me of Visual studio online features from the look of it, even though it can have another functionality cloud based solutions is very powerful. Great work.
Yes. Already available in the new version of B4J: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/posts/667562/

Search is broken. Nothing pops up when I go to search for something
Please start a new thread and provide more information.

Upvote 0

techknight

Licensed User
Longtime User
I dont have any additional information to provide. it just doesnt work. At all. its like I am typing in a dead text box. it doesnt do anything. I see the IDE switch over to the quick search tab, but its empty.

I will be happy to start another thread, but I wish I had more detail than I do.

Upvote 0

Semen Matusovskiy

Licensed User
Ctrl-F finds (hope, all). But if to click an item in the list, IDE does not always execute expected actions.
Theoretically IDE should open a module and to show a place. Sometimes this works, but mostly not.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

aminoacid

Licensed User
Longtime User
I Installed B4i v5.81 and v5.8 of the Build Server on my Mac. Everything works fine when I use the HOSTED build server. However when I use the LOCAL build server, I get the following error:

B4X:
Sending data to remote compiler.    Error
Error: security: SecKeychainDelete: The specified keychain could not be found.

(FileNotFoundException) java.io.FileNotFoundException: /Users/AminI/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles/a38b83c1-ab7d-43df-bb32-22d9b6b06193.mobileprovision (No such file or directory)

I'd like to use my Mac to run the simulator.

Upvote 0

aminoacid

Licensed User
Longtime User
I Installed B4i v5.81 and v5.8 of the Build Server on my Mac. Everything works fine when I use the HOSTED build server. However when I use the LOCAL build server, I get the following error: .

SOLVED!! I had to do a few things to solve this issue which I am documenting here in case someone else has a similar problem:

1. Go to XCODE -> Preferences -> Accounts and add your developer account.
You need to do this if you have just installed a fresh copy of XCODE or are installing on a new MAC computer. Which was my case.

2. I then had to Enable the B4I certificate on my device since I was now using the LOCAL builder and not the HOSTED builder.
Settings -> General -> About -> Certificate Trust Settings

3. And finally, Stupid Me, I forgot to update the Libs folder on the MAC with the Google Maps Framework. My App uses Google Maps and this is required for compilation. See Step 2 of the B4I GoogleMaps Tutorial.

After doing all of the above, the LOCAL builder works just fine and I can compile and simulate my App on the MAC.

Upvote 0

llama

Licensed User
Longtime User
Having problems with 5.81, created a new csr and cer, with mobile provision on hosted builder

get the following

Sending data to remote compiler. Error
Failed to parse certificate file.Error: security: SecKeychainDelete: The specified keychain could not be found.

Had a few problems all day , last week all working fine so not sure what is causing this now..

thanks for help in advance

Upvote 0

Asistente App

Licensed User
Longtime User
As always I'm happy to release a new version :)

This update includes many IDE improvements as well as other improvements:

• Bookmarks and breakpoints are listed in the modules tree:

B4i_RQ9QNmelaH.png
  • Auto bookmarks feature:

B4i_xaShiTIuJf.png
    • Recent code positions and designer layouts appear as tabs in the window title.
    • The IDE decides on the list of tabs based on several factors (recency, modifications and others).
    • The list is saved together with the project and restored when the project is loaded.
  • Auto backup improvements:
    • Project is saved before backup, based on the auto save option.
    • Project name added to the backup file.
    • The project folder is configurable (AutoBackupFolder in the ini file).
  • Warning for unused parameters in private, non-event, subs.
  • Additional library folder can be configured with a B4X folder for cross platform libraries: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4x-additional-libraries-folder.103165/
  • #Event declarations appear in the autocomplete list.
  • Ctrl + Click on layout files from the code:

B4i_lh6eQY0UA6.png

• Fix for a long standing issue that caused scope changes of global variables to not always be detected.
  • Compilation performance improvements.
  • TextView / TextField SpellChecking property.
  • Default launch images for iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR were added.
  • #CertificateFile attribute supports absolute paths.
  • Debugger improvements.
  • Simulator builds with the hosted builder (Tools - Build Server - Build Simulator Release App).
    The simulator requires a Mac computer. With this improvement, developers using the hosted builder can make a simulator build, download it and then run it on an online service such as https://appetize.io/ or on any accessible Mac.
  • Bug fixes and other minor improvements.
Developers who are eligible for a free upgrade will receive an email with installation instructions. Other developers will receive an email with a renewal offer.

Update: v5.81 was released. It is available from the same link as before. It fixes the issues related to the search feature.

Hi Erel, where can I download this version? I recently renewed my license and I do not know where I can download this version.
Regards.

Upvote 0