B4J Question B4J 3.50 Internal Designer Question

tdocs2

Licensed User
Longtime User
Greetings.

Now, that the Internal Designer is common to both B4A and B4J :):):):

1. Is there a procedure to convert B4A Layouts to B4J layouts?
2. What would be a best practice to transport code in events from B4A to B4J?

WISH - I recognize this is a BIG WISH
1. Bring a B4A project to B4J now that the Internal Designer exists in both.
(I realize that the events are not totally compatible, but it would be great to bring as much of a B4A project to B4J)

Thank you.

Sandy

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

micro

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel
If I use the internal Designer and not JavaFx Scene Builder can I remove JFx library from project? (For device that not support JavaFX)
Thanks

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I also have a question about the desigers so I better add it here...

I have a design in that external editor, but I can't seem to open it in the built-in one?

Does that mean that I need to redo all that to get rid of that external designer?
(due to the lack of a format convertor)

Upvote 0

Swissmade

Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice Work.
I wondering if this Layouts made with the Visual Designer also compatible with Scene Builder.
Like Loading Fxml from Scene Builder into the Designer.

Upvote 0

Swissmade

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is a brilliant idea, if the new designer produced HTML pages instead, that could be used in webapp applications, the IDE would be complete.

This is a very big Wish for a lot of us.

Upvote 0

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel
If I use the internal Designer and not JavaFx Scene Builder can I remove JFx library from project? (For device that not support JavaFX)
Thanks
Note that the designer is just a tool to create GUI's in the same way as B4A/B4i. The apps compiled are still based on JavaFX.

I have a design in that external editor, but I can't seem to open it in the built-in one?
The SceneBuilder uses FXML and the Visual Designer uses BJL files. As of now there are no converter tools.

Nice Work.
I wondering if this Layouts made with the Visual Designer also compatible with Scene Builder.
Like Loading Fxml from Scene Builder into the Designer.
The SceneBuilder uses FXML and the Visual Designer uses BJL files. As of now, there are no converter tools.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User

Does that mean that I need to redo all that to get rid of that external designer?
(due to the lack of a format convertor)
Scene Builder and the internal designer work differently under the hood. It is not just a different format.

You can combine scene builder and the internal designer layouts (load the bjl layout to a pane added with scene builder for example).

Upvote 0