B4J Question B4J 9.50 (64) - cannot find bcprov-jdk15on-154.jar

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
I just installed the 64 bit version and tested with code that compiles under the 32-bit version
I got this error
  • Cannot find: C:\Program Files\Anywhere Software\B4J\libraries\bcprov-jdk15on-154.jar
that file is in the Program Files (x86) folder

QUESTION
Can I safely just copy the file into the relevant Program Files folder - or - must it be a 64-bit version If so were would I find one?

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That looks like an extra file that isn't part of the standard installation - you must have copied that at some time in the past for some reason. Its a Bouncy Castle Crypto package that you must have needed for that code. It should be safe to copy as jar files are bit length independent. The worst that can happen is it doesn't work ;)

Upvote 1

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
That looks like an extra file
Thanks for the reply - it happens that I was just snuffling around when your reply arrived.
It seems that its related to KeyValueStore (gleaned indirectly out of a posting search) and (I guess) should be included with the install of B4J-64. I say that because its in the Libraries folder of B4j-32.
The worst that can happen is it doesn't work
I just first removed KeyValueStore library from the list and then compiled which went fine. I just copied it over, compiled with KVS included and it worked fine.

Thanks again for taking the time . . . .

Upvote 0