Other B4J v3.50 is available for download!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release B4J v3.50. This is the first version to include an internal visual designer. The same designer as in B4A and B4i.

You can download it here: https://www.b4x.com/b4j.html

SS-2015-07-23_15.10.31.png

The visual designer is made of two components: IDE designer and WYSIWYG designer.

The designer supports anchors, variants and designer script features. Note that "auto scale" is not supported.

The new designer will make it simpler for B4A and B4i developers to develop cross platform desktop applications with B4J.

See this tutorial for more information: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/internal-visual-designer.56661/

Requirements

The WYSIWYG designer requires Java 8.20+. It is recommended to download and use the latest JDK:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html
Don't forget to update the configured javac under Tools - Configure Paths.

New methods:

• ScrollPane.LoadLayout - Loads a layout file as the ScrollPane content.
  • TabPane.LoadLayout - Creates a new tab with the layout file as its content.
  • Node.PrefWidth / PrefHeight / SetSize - Methods to set the width and height of nodes. Supports all types of nodes.
  • Node.Snapshot2 - Similar to Node.Snapshow. Allows setting the background color (instead of the default white background).
Backwards compatibility

Pane will not be resized automatically based on its child nodes. You can switch to AnchorPane as a workaround.
Scene Builder is still supported.
The recommended Java version for UI apps is Java 8.

Last edited:

robotop

Licensed User
Longtime User
avira-alert.jpg

Hi, when downloading from the supplied link, I received an antivirus alert (showed in picture). What happened ? Someone else had the same problem ? Sorry if this is just my PC problem, but please, help me to understand.

Upvote 0

rbsoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Awesome - thank you very much...

Rolf

Upvote 0

imbault

Licensed User
Longtime User
downloaded, installed and all my projects jar regeneration: All Fine

Bravo el Maestro Erel

Upvote 0

ivan.tellez

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is great.

Is there a tutorial on how to use other java controls with the new internal visual designer? for example the Toolbar, DatePicker, pagination control, tiled pane, split pane and others.

Or how to make "custom controls"?

By the way, I havent used B4J a lot, but, its normal that the radio butons are not deselected when another is clicked?

Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0

positrom2

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,
the IDE is nice by now.
You must have done something on the used resources since the screen update problem is gone...
Thanks for the nice work.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there a tutorial on how to use other java controls with the new internal visual designer? for example the Toolbar, DatePicker, pagination control, tiled pane, split pane and others.

Or how to make "custom controls"?
Currently you cannot add other controls to the designer.

By the way, I havent used B4J a lot, but, its normal that the radio butons are not deselected when another is clicked?
For historic reasons you need to group the radio buttons in your code.

For example:
B4X:
RadioButton1.GroupRadioButtons(Array(RadioButton1, RadioButton2, RadioButton3)) 'this will set all three buttons to be in the same group.

Upvote 0