Other B4J v6.0 BETA is available for download!

Discussion in 'B4J Questions' started by Erel, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

I'm happy to release B4J v6.00 BETA. This is the largest update to the IDE since the release of the new IDE.

Several important components were rewritten to provide more features and better performance:
    • Visual designer properties grid
    • Visual designer views tree
    • Modules tree (new component)
    • Files tree
    The major improvements are:
    • Code modules can be loaded from other folders and can be easily shared between projects (including projects targeting other platforms):

[​IMG]

• Modules and file tree support grouping:

[​IMG]

• Modules are monitored for external changes.
    • Files tree shows the files icons and allows opening the files with external editors:

[​IMG]

• Modules, files and views can be renamed directly from the relevant tree.
    • Full support for drag and dropping files and modules, including support for dragging multiple items.
    • B4A services and activities can be shared with B4J. They will be treated as static code modules.
    • New options when adding modules:

[​IMG]

Copy to folder: Copies the module to the project folder (same as the current behavior).
      Link - relative path: Adds a link to the module with a relative path. Useful when the folder is under or close to the project folder.
      Link - absolute path: Adds a link to the module with an absolute path.

• Deleted files are moved to the recycle bin.
    • Properties grid and views tree can be filtered.
    • Properties grid is much faster and includes new types of editors:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Better support for version control. Files are only written when the contents are actually changed.
    • The modules internal attributes are sorted in lexicographical order to reduce changes.
    • Button Click event. The new event replaces the Action event. The Action event still works but doesn't appear in the autocomplete list. The Click event is the same as in B4A and B4i.
    • Previous animations are cancelled when a new animation of the same type starts. This behavior is similar to the behavior in B4A and B4i and it makes it much simpler to work with animations.
    • jXUI library is now an internal library.
    • Debugger hover window is resizable.
    • Bug fixes and other minor improvements.

The beta version can be downloaded here: www.b4x.com/b4j/files/beta.exe

As this is a beta version it is recommended to backup your projects before opening them in the new version.

Updates:

Beta #3:
    • Bug fixes.
    • Code editor color picker is based on the designer color picker.
    • Add New Modules / Existing modules menu items in modules tree.
    • Open file with default program in Files tree. Also works with double click.
    • Support for opening multiple files at once.
    • Better handling of locked files.

Beta #2 is now available. It fixes the issues discussed in the following posts.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  2. Cableguy

Cableguy Expert Licensed User

I'm getting this:

upload_2017-11-26_17-50-10.png

3. Don Oso

Don Oso Member Licensed User

Great job! .. B4j its turning better and better in each version .

Congrats and thanks Erel!

4. MichalK73

MichalK73 Active Member Licensed User

Does not run on my Windows 10.

Attached Files:

5. Mashiane

Mashiane Expert Licensed User

Wow, amazing! Thanks Erel

Don Oso likes this.
  6. jimmyF

jimmyF Active Member Licensed User

7. klaus

klaus Expert Licensed User

Doesn't run either here. Same problem as Michalk73.

upload_2017-11-26_18-24-8.png

8. Erel

Can you enable IDE logs:

1. Make sure that there is a folder named c:\temp.
    2. Run B4J with a shortcut or from the command line and add the argument: -log

It should create a file named c:\temp\log.txt.

9. MichalK73

I made c:/temp and B4J.exe -log.
    Does not create log.txt file

10. MichalK73

When I upgrade to Beta on Stable versions I have the same thing as @Cableguy.
    Log:
    Code:
    Build modules tree: 0
    B4J version: 
    6.00 BETA #1
    .Net version: 
    System.TypeInitializationException: Inicjator typów zgłosił wyjątek dla typu 
    'ct'. ---> System.MissingMethodException: Nie odnaleziono metody: 'Void ActiproSoftware.Text.Undo.IUndoHistory.add_Cleared(System.EventHandler)'.
       w ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.SyntaxEditor.SyntaxEditor.u(DependencyObject A_0, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs A_1)
       w System.Windows.DependencyObject.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
       w System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
       w ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.SyntaxEditor.SyntaxEditor.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
       w System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChange(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
       w System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveValue(EntryIndex entryIndex, DependencyProperty dp, PropertyMetadata metadata, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType)
       w System.Windows.DependencyObject.CoerceValue(DependencyProperty dp)
       w ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.SyntaxEditor.SyntaxEditor..ctor()
       w ct..cctor()
       --- Koniec śladu stosu wyjątków wewnętrznych ---
       w ct.a()
       w cd.aa(Object A_0, RoutedEventArgs A_1)
       w System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
       w System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
       w System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject 
    sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
       w System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
       w System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(DependencyObject root, RoutedEvent routedEvent)
       w System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(Object root)
       w MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork()
       w System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()
       w System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
       w System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
       w System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
       w System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.Resize(ICompositionTarget resizedCompositionTarget)
       w System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize()
       w System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
       w System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
       w MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
       w MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
       w System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
       w System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
    Build modules tree: 
    System.NullReferenceException: Odwołanie 
    do obiektu nie zostało ustawione na wystąpienie obiektu.
       w ek.b(e6 A_0)
       w cd.a0()
    error showing popup.
    System.InvalidOperationException: Nie można ustawić właściwości 
    Visibility ani wywołać operacji Show, ShowDialog, Close lub WindowInteropHelper.EnsureHandle podczas zamykania okna.
       w System.Windows.Window.VerifyNotClosing()
       w System.Windows.Window.InternalClose(Boolean shutdown, Boolean ignoreCancel)
       w System.Windows.Window.Close()
       w Mantin.Controls.Wpf.Notification.ToastPopUp.MainWindowClosing(Object 
    sender, CancelEventArgs e)
       w System.Windows.Window.OnClosing(CancelEventArgs e)
       w System.Windows.Window.WmClose()
       w System.Windows.Window.WindowFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
       w System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.PublicHooksFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
       w MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
       w MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
       w System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
       w System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

11. stevel05

stevel05 Expert Licensed User

I don't get a log.txt file with 6 beta either, I do with an older version. (just to make sure I was looking in the right place). Windows 10.

12. Cableguy

I simply cant add the -log parameter to the shortcut, how do I do that?

13. jimmyF

Here it is Erel

Attached Files:

14. klaus

I installed B4J, as always, in a new folder, didn't overwrite it in the previous folder.
    I created the C:\temp folder and ran:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\B4J\V6_001\B4J.exe -log

But, no log file.

15. MichalK73

A new clean installation does not create a log file.
    When updating to old versions, it creates a log file.

16. Erel

Thank you. Beta #2 is now available for download. It fixes the above issues. They were related to a mismatch in the installed libraries versions.

Should install properly now.

MarcoRome and stevel05 like this.
  17. stevel05

stevel05 Expert Licensed User

Yes, running now. Thanks.

18. klaus

OK, here !

19. Cableguy

seems to be OK, will take it for a spin now

20. jimmyF

So far, so good!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice