Share My Creation B4XQuiz (B4A/B4i/B4J)

This is a B4XPages app.
For the server, please check: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/jquiz-api-server-web-service-for-b4xquiz-with-ssl.124200/

1604478041041.png
1604477758181.png
1604477891034.png
1604477987414.png

Attachments

• B4JQuiz.zip
    80.8 KB · Views: 504
  • B4XQuiz.zip
    403.6 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am learning to make better design and colour usage.
This resource could be useful.

BTW: Great job, and thanks for sharing. This kind of examples can be very useful to start similar projects.

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This reminds me of what I was learning two weeks ago, a tool called Esri Survey 123 to create online surveys using XLSForms.

The challenge was matrix like questions as the online tool could not cater for such and people have to resort to the excel file then import that with an online connect tool to convert to online survey. Its still a tedious exercise and I have a proposal on how I can help the potential client.

So

1. So how many question types do you have for this?
2. Can one have some admin part to enter questions and possible answers or those need to be hard coded?
3. Are you planning to analyze the scores e.g. with charts, word clouds etc?
4. Can the content be exported to excel for qualitative and quantitative analysis? More like for pivot charts?

Ok, I see my excitement about your projects precedes me. Lol. Good work mate!!!

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This resource could be useful.

BTW: Great job, and thanks for sharing. This kind of examples can be very useful to start similar projects.
I know I need to improve on design and creativity but I spent more time in writing code. 😅

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This reminds me of what I was learning two weeks ago, a tool called Esri Survey 123 to create online surveys using XLSForms.

The challenge was matrix like questions as the online tool could not cater for such and people have to resort to the excel file then import that with an online connect tool to convert to online survey. Its still a tedious exercise and I have a proposal on how I can help the potential client.

So

2. Can one have some admin part to enter questions and possible answers or those need to be hard coded?
4. Can the content be exported to excel for qualitative and quantitative analysis? More like for pivot charts?

Ok, I see my excitement about your projects precedes me. Lol. Good work mate!!!
The Esri product looks like some kind of "low-code" software development tool.
With your BANanoVueMaterial framework, I believe you can make something close or better.

people have to resort to the excel file
Import the data with Excel or CSV is a good idea.

It is controlled in topic table.

Yes. The API server is actually based on a PHP application. I have created a backend for managing the data.

1604495461005.png

Backend demo: https://quiz.computerise.net/backend/

There is also a frontend where registered user can use browser to take the quiz.
1604495660041.png

Frontend demo: https://quiz.computerise.net/

Yes. I have thought of a dashboard for reporting who is the top scorer or which topic has more users take part in. The possibilities to add more analytical chart or statistics are endless.

This is a bit advanced for me at the moment. Hope some experts could help.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
2. Cross platform solution: add an ImageView and use BitmapCreator to create a gradient bitmap.

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The Esri product looks like some kind of "low-code" software development tool.
With your BANanoVueMaterial framework, I believe you can make something close or better.
That's what I thought too, there are some companies here that are using that and I am planning to develop an app with BVM to address this challenge. The online tool is very limited compared to what one can do with XLSForms, so I started the learning curve so that I can draft a way forward. Thanks.

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just ran the b4jquiz.exe and installed it, for some reason its being blocked as untrusted. I wonder if with b4j one can sign an app. Nice install package.

You might have to consider adding a BACK button, this gives one an opportunity to review and also correct their responses.
Also load the forms in full screen mode, on my side for some reason the title bar is cut in half, when I move from 1 screen to another, I have to click the maximize button each time.

This is awesome. So if you do this online, when working on the desktop app its communicating with the server and getting your profile and questions you responded to.

Love it!

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just ran the b4jquiz.exe and installed it, for some reason its being blocked as untrusted. I wonder if with b4j one can sign an app. Nice install package.
It is built using B4JPackager and Inno Script as explained in Integrated B4JPackager11 - The simple way to distribute standalone UI apps. I am not sure, maybe your antivirus is more sensitive. :)

You might have to consider adding a BACK button, this gives one an opportunity to review and also correct their responses.
Yes, my initial idea has a Back button. I will add it in future if I remember. 😅

Also load the forms in full screen mode, on my side for some reason the title bar is cut in half, when I move from 1 screen to another, I have to click the maximize button each time.
The exe is a bit old. About the title bar, I think it maybe due to screen resolution. I am not sure I can fix it. If I not mistaken, once you maximize a page, the size will be "remembered" when you come back from another page. I think my form has little content, so if I set default size to fullscreen, it may look empty.

This is awesome. So if you do this online, when working on the desktop app its communicating with the server and getting your profile and questions you responded to.
Yes. It is like learning from Udemy in web browser and using mobile app. The progress is saved in server.

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Another possibility I can think of is I have a Splash screen without menu bar and then it loads a main form with menu bar.
So I may need to check the form is maximized and then set the top position.