Other B4R v2.00 is available for download

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
New features and improvements:
The ESP32 SDK is more mature. Communication works perfectly.

Download link: www.b4x.com/b4r.html

Last edited:

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you !
The link above still dowloads the beta unlike the main B4R page which is OK.

Upvote 0

kolbe

Licensed User
Longtime User
Working on a project with the ESP32 and all is working great. Great job! I think I'll be migrating from the IOIO to ESP32.

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you @Erel,
Just one small thing though. Every time I compile (F5) a project, the compile information windows start bottom right of centre.

Look at the screen shot below, screen resolution is set to 1920x1080.
Untitled-1.jpg

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
the compile information windows start bottom right of centre.
It looks like a bug. There was a change in this version related to the dialog window location. It should be vertically centered and its right edge should be near the right side of the code window (to prevent it from hiding the logs).

It should look like this:

SS-2017-06-22_08.57.42.png

Are you using a non-standard scale setting on your computer? Does anyone else encounter this issue?

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The display scales setting are all set to default, I've not changed any of them since the day I installed Windows 10, I've just rechecked them.

Moving the vertical splitter bar left or right does makes the compile information windows move left and right too. In my case almost 50% of the compile information windows still covers the logs no matter where I place the vertical splitter.

Apart from that windows, I've not found anything wrong with the B4R update, it's working absolutely great.

Thank you...

Upvote 0

DarkMann

Licensed User
Longtime User
I can confirm the offset as well, is it related to the fact that I'm using two monitors side by side?

When I detach the sidebar and move it to the second screen (as I always do), the dialog tries to position itself and ends up half way across the two screens. it's not covering the log, but it's also not wholly on one screen or the other.

capture.jpg

The main code window in the image above is maximised to one screen (1920x1080) and the tabs are on another identical screen.

Maybe it should just be centred on the code editor section?

David

Upvote 0

rwblinn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Tested and same behaviour as shared post #8.

The IDE log output already shows, with more details, the compiler output - so yes, would agree to remove the dialog and use the log for all compiler/debug/info messaging.

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Please do this test:

Click on the Windows menu (in the IDE) - Reset
Run the program. Does it still appears like this?

I'm starting to think of getting rid of this dialog completely and moving the output to the logs window. All information will be available and it is less distracting.

I have tried the reset and it still covers the log window.
"I'm starting to think of getting rid of this dialog completely", noooooooooooooooooooooo :(

Please don't do that, if you just centre the box that will work great on a lot of screen resolutions. On my laptop at least it WILL NOT interfere with the log window, this is what it would look like.

I have manually centred the window here, if centred it will be just fine on my laptop.
Untitled-1.png

There's no need to remove the compile window. Actually I wish that I never brought up the subject now, especially if you get rid of the window when centring it will cure the problem for a lot of developers :(

You could always just centre the compile window and try to make the window width 20% smaller, but the image above shows what it would like like just centred as is (and my log windows is wide anyway). Plus with the B4X suite, leaving it in keeps with the continuity of all the B4X IDE packages.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

somed3v3loper

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm starting to think of getting rid of this dialog completely and moving the output to the logs window. All information will be available and it is less distracting.
If that is for all b4x , that would be great for me (I am using b4a )
Or better leave it to the user preference like in IDE options

Upvote 0