Bug? B4X/B4i IDE occasionally becomes totally unresponsive!

Andris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can it be a graphics issue? Are you (we) using onboard GC, which share the RAM? Any one if us using a dedicated Graphics Card, with it's own memory?
1653590475039.png

Andris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Windows updates ? Including video drivers etc ...
Windows 10 Pro. Always updated. Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon. Drivers always current. The freezing problem has been there for a few years now. I even had it with my previous Lenovo ThinkPad, 3 years ago. So definitely not something that just started happening because of a firmware update.

William Lancee

Licensed User
Longtime User
Also, looking at the task manager report, the memory footprint of B4I and B4A seem high (for me at least - mine are typically in the 100MB range).
And 49% of your memory is being consumed. Might be worth checking when there is no problem.
The render thread failure referred to above results in an Insufficient Memory Exception.

Dave O

Licensed User
Longtime User
Data point: If I move B4A to my home screen (laptop screen, with 2 additional monitors) and resize/split windows, it works fine.

As soon as I move B4A to a second (larger) monitor and try the same window operations, it freezes and eventually quits.

So my workaround is to do the window stuff first, then move it to the big monitor. No crashes since.