Android Question [B4X] B4XTable - disable top navigation options

mmanso

Licensed User
Longtime User
is it possible to hide the upper navigation options?

I'd like a simple table with multiple row selection and without the top navigation. I've looked at the B4XTable properties and methods and found no way to disable the top navigation or the multiple row selection.

Thanks

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can hide the header:
B4X:
Activity.LoadLayout(...)
Sleep(0) 'this is required as the table layout is not immediately created.
B4XTable1.pnlHeader.Visible = False
Remember that the table is paged based. This means that you will need to allow the user to somehow move to the next page. Maybe it will be better to keep the header and hide the search field.

Row selection and multi row selection are not implemented though it shouldn't be too difficult to add those features in your app. I will later today post an update that will make it easier.

Upvote 1

mmanso

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

For "touch" based interfaces, it would be nice if the table could be "scrolled" and not "page navigated", if this makes sense... it's ok to navigate through pages when you've a mouse in your hand but when you're using your fingers, it's more natural to scroll up and down.

Cheers.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
For "touch" based interfaces, it would be nice if the table could be "scrolled" and not "page navigated", if this makes sense
It does make sense however it will probably won't be added to B4XTable. B4XTable is paged base. Each design has its advantages.

You can use CustomListView to create a simple vertical scrollable table.

Upvote 0

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It does make sense however it will probably won't be added to B4XTable. B4XTable is paged base. Each design has its advantages.
I have the same thought about the pagination, but my idea is this: move the finger to up and down in the table starts the pagination, to previous or next page, instead the click in the arrows. Or you can put a Touch event and we can create the code to use this way. Think about this. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0