B4J Question [B4X] jRDC2 - How to use multiple databases and add basic authentication and TLS

JDR

Hello

I tested out the functionalities of jRDC2 and I want to implement this in new software we're going to develop.
But with the library I got from this tutorial, all connections to the jRDC2 webservice are plain text http (no TLS) and there's also no basic authentication implemented.
How can I achieve these needs into jRDC2 to use the jRDC2 application securely over an untrusted network (e.g. the internet)?

Also, is it possible to connect to more than one database with jRDC2?
Or do I need to run a separate instance of the jRDC2 application for each database?

Or does somebody have another suggestion?

Thank you in advance!

John Naylor

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't often use JRDC2 as I mainly use ABMaterial so I never have an external database connection but your query rang a bell with a couple of posts that might help.

JRDC2 with SSL is discussed here and multiple databases with a single copy of JRDC2 running here - might give you something to go on.

Upvote 0

JDR

A late answer, but I solved this issue.

I couldn't figure out a proper way to use a selfsigned certifcate and key in a keystore in JRDC.
So I used NGINX as a reverse proxy wich works perfectly fine with plain text jrdc on the localhost getting proxied with NGINX with tls.

Thank you for your help and advice.

Upvote 0