B4X on twitter

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just did a search or B4X on twitter and I don't seem to find many of them.
Are there any forum members I should follow who are posting interesting B4X projects on twitter?

Mine is @RealAlwaysBusy

Spreading the word on B4X...

actually i am a little bit embarrassed to say this but i don't know how twitter works. :oops:

when i upload a youtube video i share the link also in twitter but what means all those # signs there?

if you write #[username] will it send him a notification?

i would like to post more tweets in twitter after i understand how to do it right. so a short tutorial is appreciated :)

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@ilan <-- this is also in twitter for sending a notification

# is used for keywords. E.g. using #B4X creates a tag. People interested in B4X can now simply search on #B4X and find all the tweets talking about that. The trick is of course finding #tags which are trending, so people searching for e.g. #android find tweets about B4X.

An Schi

Licensed User
I know, the benefit is to create new users...
But as i am allready here, the forum is enough for me ;)
I don't like to follow one product on several different plattforms. I don't even have a twitter or facebook account.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

so if i post a tweet and include in it @ilan ... it will send to ilan a notification?

# is used for keywords. E.g. using #B4X creates a tag. People interested in B4X can now simply search on #B4X and find all the tweets talking about that. The trick is of course finding #tags which are trending, so people searching for e.g. #android find tweets about B4X.

ok so if i include in my tweet #B4X it will create a link to it and people that will click on it will find the #B4X page with all tweets that include that tag? including the one i just created?

thank you

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
so if i post a tweet and include in it @ilan ... it will send to ilan a notification?
the @ must be a Twitter member, so in case you use @RealAlwaysBusy, then I get a notification. Or using @BASIC4ANDROID will notify Erels twitter account.

so if i include in my tweet #B4X
Not a link, but a search word. Clicking on it IN twitter, will give you a list of all the tweets also using #B4X in their tweet

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
the @ must be a Twitter member, so in case you use @RealAlwaysBusy, then I get a notification. Or using @BASIC4ANDROID will notify Erels twitter account.

Not a link, but a search word. Clicking on IN twitter, will give you a list of all the tweets also using #B4X in their tweet

ok thanks a lot for the short tutorial :)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
its amazing how fast twitter works. i mean there may be billions of tweets and when you click on the #Tag it filters all tweets with this #Tags. how can it be so fast??? o_O

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Posting on Twitter is quite easy

B4X:
Sub Button1_Click
    Dim share As Intent
    share.Initialize(share.ACTION_VIEW,"https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=B4X - Android, iOS, desktop, server and IoT programming tools&url=https://www.b4x.com")
    StartActivity(share)
End Sub

snap12-png.58427

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Posting on Twitter is quite easy

B4X:
Sub Button1_Click
    Dim share As Intent
    share.Initialize(share.ACTION_VIEW,"https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=B4X - Android, iOS, desktop, server and IoT programming tools&url=https://www.b4x.com")
    StartActivity(share)
End Sub

snap12-png.58427

Thanks for the snippet :)

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Please use code tags! :D

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi
Can one logon to his Twitter account from b4a app?

fredo

Licensed User
Longtime User
how can it be so fast?

"NoSQL" is the buzzword to summarize it.

As mentioned here:
Advantages of NoSQL DB over RDBMS
  • No complex joins
  • Easy to scale NoSQL database
  • NoSQL supports dynamic queries on documents.
Where to Use a NoSQL Database
NoSQL is most effective when dealing with:
A very easy and secure way to get a grip on that is the Firebase Database (it's based on MongoDb I think). Firebase is free until up to 100 Simultaneous connections which is sufficient for development.

NoSQL strucures?
According to this:
NoSQL data modeling often starts from the application-specific queries as opposed to relational modeling:
  • Relational modeling is typically driven by the structure of available data. The main design theme is “What answers do I have?”
  • NoSQL data modeling is typically driven by application-specific access patterns, i.e. the types of queries to be supported. The main design theme is “What questions do I have?”

Don't even think about to convert your SQL data to NoSQL - it is a different concept.

The access to the Firebase database is possible in 2 ways:
  1. REST API via http
  2. Realtime Db via library
So - master the little learning curve and your mobile apps will have the same performance as twitter....