B4XDatabase

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello everyone,

Couple of months ago we have talked about creating a database engine.
The idea was to create a database engine that can be :
1- Used in all B4X products
2- Faster than any database engine out there
3- select query of millions of records would take couple of milliseconds
4- real-time data changes without having to add a timer in your app, it will automatically alert you in case there was any change in the database you are connected to
5- B4X Library that initializes the connections, select, insert, update, delete, Real-Time data, etc...
6- Multi-Users
7- Query Designer
8- 10 Millions of tables and rows and the database result will result in less than 500KB file.
9- Very secure, once the connections are closed, the database will be encrypted and can't be decrypted unless you use B4XDatabase Engine.

We have finished developing this amazing project, which is a huge step for us.

We have couple of questions we would like to ask you guys to make it even better :
1- Currently we have developed the database engine as a Desktop App in B4J, Should we develop it as a Web App (B4J Web App) to make it more accessible on every type of platform (Mobile, Windows, Linux, MAC, etc...) ?

2- Should we add a cloud feature, where you can upload your B4XDatabase to our cloud services and you wouldn't need to have your own servers, just create the B4XDatabase and connect to it?

3- Current data types are (Int, Date, DateTime, String, Numbers, Files) What else would you like us to add?

If you have any feature you would like to add/modify please let us know

The B4XDatabase engine (B4Xdb.com) will be released within this month

Database Engine website : https://b4xdb.com/

Thank you,
Saif

Last edited:

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4XDatabase website has been created:

*Once the B4XDatabase engine is released the website design will be changed, meanwhile go to the above website and make sure to turn on the sound ;)

rraswisak

Licensed User
Hi... that looks promising... by the way how you manage the database file, is it single file database or multiple-files ?

I believe the database engine you create has such standard database maintenance feature like backup, restore, re-index, relation between tables and so on...

select, insert, update, delete, Real-Time data, etc...
Can you explain what real-time data mean ? is there any event/trigger when data on a table has been changed ? if yes then this is great feature so we can display real-time data for monitoring (dashboard) purpose.

7- Query Designer
With visual designer too ? so we can select any field on tables and generate sql query automatically ?

Thanks

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi... that looks promising... by the way how you manage the database file, is it single file database or multiple-files ?

I believe the database engine you create has such standard database maintenance feature like backup, restore, re-index, relation between tables and so on...

Can you explain what real-time data mean ? is there any event/trigger when data on a table has been changed ? if yes then this is great feature so we can display real-time data for monitoring (dashboard) purpose.

With visual designer too ? so we can select any field on tables and generate sql query automatically ?

Thanks
Hello,

1-Correct

2-Each database is created within 2 separate files, first file is the main container which is the tables names, columns, database settings, second file is the data container which is the tables rows

3- Once a new data has been submitted (insert or delete, or update) a trigger will be sent to the B4X library (Client) stating there was a data change and the details of the change (when, what, where)

4- Exactly like MS SQL visual designer where you select the tables and the type of joins, once you click OK the query will be created for you automatically

cklester

Licensed User
We have finished developing this amazing project, which is a huge step for us.

Yes! Way to go!

1- Currently we have developed the database engine as a Desktop App in B4J, Should we develop it as a Web App (B4J Web App) to make it more accessible on every type of platform (Mobile, Windows, Linux, MAC, etc...)?

If it is like MySQL, it won't matter. You can use it stand-alone on your desktop, or you can use it with a B4J server as the back-end database. Right?

2- Should we add a cloud feature, where you can upload your B4XDatabase to our cloud services and you wouldn't need to have your own servers, just create the B4XDatabase and connect to it?

A DBaaS product could be useful. You'll be competing with Amazon, right? Microsoft? Google? :oops: 😁

3- Current data types are (Int, Date, DateTime, String, Numbers, Files) What else would you like us to add?

Blob might be useful. Just a sequence of bytes?

Great job! Can't wait to see it!

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes! Way to go!

If it is like MySQL, it won't matter. You can use it stand-alone on your desktop, or you can use it with a B4J server as the back-end database. Right?

A DBaaS product could be useful. You'll be competing with Amazon, right? Microsoft? Google? :oops: 😁

Blob might be useful. Just a sequence of bytes?

Great job! Can't wait to see it!
Hello,

1- Yes, Exactly
2- "One Step At A Time" ;)
3- We created the Data Type "Files" which can be used with any type of files (Images, Base64, Files, etc...) binary & varchar

Thank you very much for your kind words my dear ❤️

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, does it have export and import to other formats like CSV, Json, SQL, and other popular database and file formats? It will be a good feature to add.
Hello,

Currently it doesn't have an import/export feature but we will add it, Thank you!

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
It can manage how many maximum of concurrent users or queries?
Hello,

There are no maximum numbers of users or queries unlike MS SQL where the database would be locked if there are multiple commit transactions at the same time.
We achieve that by implementing Real-Data changes and not by manual data refresh like MS SQL & MySQL (Reconnect or Re-query)

Xfood

Expert
Licensed User
hello,
I just read this post, I have to say it's great to have a realtime db, always new and fantastic ideas,
thanks Saif.

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

There are no maximum numbers of users or queries unlike MS SQL where the database would be locked if there are multiple commit transactions at the same time.
We achieve that by implementing Real-Data changes and not by manual data refresh like MS SQL & MySQL (Reconnect or Re-query)
So it is like NoSQL ?
Does it support transaction and rollback?

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
So it is like NoSQL ?
Does it support transaction and rollback?

1-it's unlike NoSQL, because :

1.1- B4XDatabase is relational Database
1.2- The database schema can be predefined and dynamic
1.3- B4XDatabase is Table based databases
1.4- etc...

2-Yes it does support rollback and commits

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
With all due respect...

forgive the question from an elderly stoned: what are the main advantages of having a custom DBMS?

If I were as fast as you (rather than a slow, old "one-man-band") I would have developed two much more useful projects, also related to DBs, which would be highly appreciated by the members of this site. However, I am generous and give you the two ideas for the modest price of... $ 1,000,000 (each, of course) 😂

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
With all due respect...

forgive the question from an elderly stoned: what are the main advantages of having a custom DBMS?

If I were as fast as you (rather than a slow, old "one-man-band") I would have developed two much more useful projects, also related to DBs, which would be highly appreciated by the members of this site. However, I am generous and give you the two ideas for the modest price of... $ 1,000,000 (each, of course) 😂
Hello,

Because once you create a new platform you control the outcome.
99% of the database engines are out-dated, and they rarely add new features, and top 2 database in the world (MS SQL and Oracle) cost millions per license.

Our aim is to create a database engine that can be faster, easier, more secure than any database engine out there, imagine you have 1 million records stored on your hard disk or your server with a size of only 500KB and the select query would take 2-3 milliseconds, which database engine is able to do that? ;)

Xfood

Expert
Licensed User
Hello,

99% of the database engines are out-dated, and they rarely add new features, and top 2 database in the world (MS SQL and Oracle) cost millions per license.

Our aim is to create a database engine that can be faster, easier, more secure than any database engine out there, imagine you have 1 million records stored on your hard disk or your server with a size of only 500KB and the select query would take 2-3 milliseconds, which database engine is able to do that? ;)
a dream come true, a truly amazing project

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I don't know the performance of any current DBMS.
If I had a million records I could probably afford to pay for licenses for MS SQL or Oracle.

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't know the performance of any current DBMS.
If I had a million records I could probably afford to pay for licenses for MS SQL or Oracle.
I know a local manufacturer that pays 1.9 Million dollars per year for Oracle just because they use their database, and i could swear that the performance is slower than internet explorer

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.