Android Question B4XDateTemplate other Font Size for Tablet?

Noelkman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi there,
is it possible to change the font size for the calendar days for this Template?
It looks a bit lost on a 10 inch device.
Or suggestion for another datepicker?
I tried a couple but was not able to upscale a little bit.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Based on Erel's post here, you cannot
My answer was related to the system dialogs, not B4XDateTemplate.

If you want to really make a larger dialog then unzip XUI Views and extract B4XDateTemplate and DateTemplate.bal file. Rename them (MyDateTemplate and MyDateTemplate.bal).
Now you can modify everything in the template and make it larger.

Upvote 0

Noelkman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Alright Erel,
that is really great if it is so simple. It sounds like a plan. I'll try that.
Thanks a bunch.

Upvote 0

Noelkman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Two thumbs up it works like a charm!
I've implemented the template directly.
I needed that badly for this Tablet only version. Even more it helped me to understand this B4X stuff.

But one thing is funny. If I unzip XUI Views and do not change anything and just vice versa the whole process it does not work. It comes with an error that Dialogs is not defined and it does not show the version number.
Can you imagine why this is? Is there anything special on zipping that I have to consider?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
But one thing is funny. If I unzip XUI Views and do not change anything and just vice versa the whole process it does not work. It comes with an error that Dialogs is not defined and it does not show the version number.
Can you imagine why this is? Is there anything special on zipping that I have to consider?
Not sure what you mean. Don't modify anything in XUI Views. Just take the module, create a copy with a different name and don't add it back to XUI Views. Add the new template to your project directly.

Upvote 0

Noelkman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, that is what I did in the first place. I modified actually the XUI Views and that did not work. I then added the template to the project and that did the trick.
Again thanks a bunch.

Upvote 0

Noelkman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sure, here it is but I didn't change that much. I only changed the days font and the size of the dialog. I didn't even touch the .bal file.
We have people here that have hands like building sites and would not be able to handle the small dialog without a pen that I know for sure.
It woudn't be that hard I think to scale up everything by a factor if there would be one but the solution is just ok.

Attachments

• B4XDateTemplateTablet.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 142
Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
We have people here that have hands like building sites and would not be able to handle the small dialog
I have modified the layout file you attached to your post, so it can run on a 7 inch or 10 inch tablet and it occupies the whole screen on portrait, made the fonts bigger and the text larger. I also modified a small portion of the class module so it enhances the layout. If you are still interested in the bigger date template, I can post both of them. If not, I assume you solved your problem and are good to go.

Upvote 0

Noelkman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Mahares, sorry for the late answer I haven't noticed.
Yes of course please let me have what you have done.

Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes of course please let me have what you have done.
Here is a complete project with B4XDateTemplate large suitable for a tablet like what you are looking for. You can of course tweak it more to your liking. The modified class and layout are in the project.

Attachments

• B4XDateTemplateWithLargeTemplate060320.zip
    13.5 KB · Views: 150
Upvote 0