Android Question B4xPages IME_HeightChanged it does not work

musaso

Licensed User
After many checks, I have detected that the IME_HeightChanged event does not work when #FullScreen: True

B4X:
#Region  Activity Attributes
    #FullScreen: True <=====  not work
    #IncludeTitle: False
#End Region

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe try this lib instead:

Upvote 0

musaso

Licensed User
Maybe try this lib instead:

The same problem, in FullScreen it does not work. thanks for the try

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Try the example in the IME2 Library first post with#FullScreen: True. It works for me. Check your manifest entries.
B4X:
SetActivityAttribute(main, android:windowSoftInputMode, adjustResize|stateHidden)
AddManifestText(<edtSource android:imeOptions="flagNoExtractUi|flagNoFullscreen" />)
It should also work with the original IME library.
The second line does something that I have forgotten for an EditText named edtSource in that demo.

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
B4X:
AddManifestText(<edtSource android:imeOptions="flagNoExtractUi|flagNoFullscreen" />)
The second line stops the keyboard taking over the screen with it's own input area in landscape mode and allows the EditText contents to be seen. Have a play and remove it and see what happens.

Upvote 0

musaso

Licensed User
B4X:
The second line stops the keyboard taking over the screen with it's own input area in landscape mode and allows the EditText contents to be seen. Have a play and remove it and see what happens.

the first line was already on

still not working ... with IME , IME2

Web
public static final int IME_FLAG_NO_FULLSCREEN ??????????

Flag of imeOptions: used to request that the IME never go into fullscreen mode. Applications need to be aware that the flag is not a guarantee, and not all IMEs will respect it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Johan Hormaza

Licensed User
Longtime User
For me it is the opposite, it does not work with
B4X:
#Region  Activity Attributes
    #FullScreen: False <---- not work
    #IncludeTitle: false
#End Region

Upvote 0