B4J Question [BANano] Are there any plans to extend it to produce regular websites?

Discussion in 'B4J Questions' started by Mashiane, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Mashiane

Mashiane Expert Licensed User

Hi

In respect to BANano, are there any plans to extend it to produce regular websites / webapps that are not necessarily SPAs?

By this it means multiple pages with different page names? These could also be database driven etc?

Thanks

Anser and joulongleu like this.
  2. Kiffi

Kiffi Well-Known Member Licensed User

Hello Mashiane,

have a look at the folder WebsiteDemo. There is a complete example of a website (ChatNoir).

Greetings ... Peter

Anser and joulongleu like this.
  3. Anser

Anser Well-Known Member Licensed User

I would also like to have this feature in BANano

4. Anser

Anser Well-Known Member Licensed User

I checked this, I understand that even (ChatNoir) this is a single page app ie one single html file. Correct me if I am wrong.

For eg:- To the users/customers, I would like to provide a landing page link, may be www.chatnoir.com/aboutus or to a specific page for specific contents.

While doing digital marketing, we will be sharing information about a particular product or a particular promotion scheme. In such cases, we will sharing a web link in the advertisements which when the potential customer's clicks will be taken to that particular page which provides more information about a particular product or whatsoever is advertised. I don't think that it will be a good idea to make the potential customer land on the general homepage and then wasting his/her time searching for the content that he is looking for. Instead, if we have a direct web link, then we can directly bring the customer to that particular page/content that he is looking for.

I am not sure whether this is possible in SPA or not, maybe the whole purpose of SPA is totally different.
    I was thinking that it would be an added advantage if BANano could be used to produce both types ie
    1. SPA web app/website
    2. Multi-page website/web app. So that we can create different pages and not just confined to a single index.htm for the entire Web site/app.
    Thanks

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  5. xulihang

xulihang Active Member Licensed User

+1. SPA also seems not SEO-friendly.

6. alwaysbusy

alwaysbusy Expert Licensed User

With the router version of ChatNoir, you can pass arguments in the url so the user goes immidiately to the place you intended:

e.g.
    If you put this in the url:
    Code:
    http://127.0.0.1:8888/?page=About
    And in BANano_Ready(), you catch this url and go immidiately to the About page here (go to Home if the page param is not found):
    Code:
    Dim ToPage As String = BANano.GetURLParamDefault(BANano.GetCurrentUrl, "page""Home")
    Router.NavigateTo(ToPage, 
    FalseFalse)
    You can make this as complex as you need it:
    e.g. go to the products page, product with id 15, ...
    Code:
    http://127.0.0.1:8888/?page=Products&id=15

Anser and Mashiane like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice