B4J Question [BANano.SendEmail] How can I set up gmail / Elastic

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi there

I'm testing out the email sending functionality and have set up an elastic email account. Via BANano.SendEmail I am able to send email however the email never reaches my gmail account.

Elastic.png

As a test, on my code I am using my gmail account as "from" and "to" as per settings below.

B4X:
        Banano.SendEmail(App.EmailToken, "contactus", "[email protected]", "[email protected]", "Contact Us", nmsg)

settings.png
settings.png

As per Elastic Email above, the email gets sent properly however I never receive it on my gmail account. Perhaps I'm missing something.

If I dont want to use Elastic Email, how can I set BANano.SendEmail to use gmail directly?

Thanks

RjDong

Hi,

About Elastic Email sending functionality, there must be something that you need to configure. From the image shared earlier, you are sending mails via SMTP/API. Make sure the ports are open. If closed, make sure they're open. If they are, Elastic Email provides alternative settings (ports/server) if your current configuration is not working.

Also make sure you have enough credits to send your mails and you have validated properly your account.
I hope this helps.

Upvote 0