B4J Question [BANanoServer] Not Able To Serve up a BVAD3 Site

B4XDev

Licensed User
I've got an nginx reverse proxy on a Windows box serving up some B4J and BANano servers.

@aeric 's API site works fine. It connects to MySQL, as well. Seemingly no obvious issues...

I can't get @alwaysbusy 's BANanoServer to serve up @Mashiane 's BVAD3 server.

Here's what I get:

banano_issue.png

So... it almost comes up! Something is coming through...

But why doesn't it finish?

I'm guessing it has something to do with the websocket functionality. Maybe something is blocking the front-end's ability to contact the back-end, or vice versa?

I'm stuck here and have been for many days... so if anybody has any ideas, please let me know!

B4XDev

Licensed User
B4X:
ws.Initialize("ws://" & BANano.Location.GetHost & "/ws/" & BANano.StaticFolder & "/index")

That line for me is

B4X:
ws.Initialize("wss://" & BANano.Location.GetHost & "/ws/" & BANano.StaticFolder & "/index")

That is from a freshly downloaded BVAD3Server. I will try it again, just in case...

Upvote 0

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Due to the changes made to the BAD3Server project to favour HTTPS, I have penned a new tutorial on this. But its everything that we are doing here.

Upvote 0

B4XDev

Licensed User
The only difference this time is that when I downloaded BVAD3Server.zip from the link at github, I saved it with a new name. Then, I still had to change line 143 in BROWSERIndex to use "ws" instead of "wss."

But now I have the Kitchen Sink up and running on my local Windows PC.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0