Banned from AdMob, anyone?

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Has anyone been banned from this or any other add network as well?

Once upon a time (6 months ago) I was young and stupid and clicking my own adds.
I wanted to see if it really worked (stupid, I know!) and BAM! I got myself banned forever.

Now I'm focusing on creating apps which are good enough to be sold, I don't want anything to do with AdNetworks anymore.

Share your experiences.

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Welcome ! :)

There are plenty of example , I have made 4$ and the closed on illegal click activity on first 5-10 days... admob is no longer a pretty woman for all of us .
Now I'm focusing on creating apps which are good enough to be sold
There is no such thing, maket must be tested but gennerally selling is not so productive as ads banners and interstitial ... I had thought that before then I did convince myself. The big fish is by having more than 10k users which is hard to achive in a short period of time in order to make some money.
Without ads you do not force a user to buy your app all these are linked together !

When you get a user if the app is becoming must for him in every day life you got a Money maker user... It will be your contributor for life.

Now you must publish ads from companies that support Google publicity ID otherwise you could be banned from market and get your account close
I have several times put questions here about this thing but yet it seems no one is doing any upgrades lately :) and seems to stoped codding
Nowadays all ads company are compliant to publicity ID but more of them either has not support for b4a ..either they do not intend to upgrade their puggin to latest adk ...or the wrapper crated originally by a b4a member with a lot of work is not longer up to date ...

WAZUMBi

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've had a developer account and wallet suspended but not the AdMob account. Not sure what that is all about.

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Looks like Google heard my rant...

This just came in:

B4X:
to: me

Hello,

After thoroughly reviewing your appeal, we have decided to reinstate your
AdSense account. There will be a delay of up to 48 hours before ads start
displaying on your site(s), mobile app(s), and/or YouTube channel(s) again.

It took six months, though.

o_O

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Nowadays all ads company are compliant to publicity ID but more of them either has not support for b4a ..either they do not intend to upgrade their puggin to latest adk ...or the wrapper crated originally by a b4a member with a lot of work is not longer up to date ...

AFAIK, these ad networks made "official" B4A wrapper for their SDK:
- AirPush
- LeadBolt
- AdBuddiz
- TapForTap (not latest SDK)

They claim that their SDK is compliant with Google Play but you should ask them directly, just for sure.

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Adbuddiz did confirmed to me and it is safe to use

Bonjour,
Basic4Android est supporté et la dernière version est 100% compliant avec l'advertising Id recommandé par Google.
Bonne journée,

Etienne Rugeri

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I used TapforTap before but as for communication ...they do not answer and they do not fill the support tickets for months

If anyone had any chance with them please let us know

Leadbold has a lot of problems lately .. anyway I did stopped using it because they had problems with some antivirus

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
AdBuddiz is really good. Their interstitial ads are insteresting, revenue is high.

MarcTG

Licensed User
Longtime User
How is Adbuddiz perform? Anyone got a good income from them?

I've used adbuddiz as an alternate ad network and I found them to be terrible. The adtype they have are very limited and the income is very low compared to other adnetworks. At that time I was using adbuddiz + TapforTap + Startapp. The only one that made any money was startapp, tapfortap might be useful to get more downloads, but not as much as they advertise... they also never answer emails...
If you want the latest startapp library for b4a contact (Nelson) vpires. Nelson is the person the wrote the adbuddiz library... Other options to consider are:
- MoPub (library made by Johnmcenroy- this one is huge and gives you many adnetwork options), the library was updated recently and I would guess that it is google compliant, check with Johnmcenroy
- Vungle, video ads (contact Nelson) -
- Appbrain - pays very well if people install an advertised app, it also includes analytics which I find useful. I've gotten paid anywhere from 0.1-1.4 dollars/advertised app install (also contact Nelson for the library)
- Airpush has several options for GooglePlay and none GooglePlay, if you contact them (Nick Davies) you will get a response very quickly and he can provide with a link and help on how to integrate their sdk for B4a. Their SDK2 is probably one of the best options to make money for non Google Play.

There are other options available that I have not tried like:
- Mobilecore, I believe has a b4a library. https://www.mobilecore.com/
- Mobvista (again Nelson)
- Widdit homebase (not updated I believe)

Also check this thread:
http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/ad-network-libraries.40974/#post-246084

Startapp has a showcase app here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.startapp.showcase

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've used adbuddiz as an alternate ad network and I found them to be terrible. The adtype they have are very limited and the income is very low compared to other adnetworks.

AdBuddiz offers interstitial ads which always pay more than banners. Please find my screenshot of Adbuddiz report, you can see I earned nearly $30/day (which very hard to get by using banner ads). Of course, it's not always that high, it depends on category of the app, advertiser campaign and the usage of users (my app is live sport, many users open it on weekend/sport event...).

Attachments

• AdBuddiz Publishers Portal.png
    AdBuddiz Publishers Portal.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 325

Inman

Licensed User
Longtime User
AdBuddiz offers interstitial ads which always pay more than banners. Please find my screenshot of Adbuddiz report, you can see I earned nearly $30/day (which very hard to get by using banner ads). Of course, it's not always that high, it depends on category of the app, advertiser campaign and the usage of users (my app is live sport, many users open it on weekend/sport event...).

That's nice. From how many apps is this and what about their downloads?

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
That's from 2 apps (about 97%-3%), better one is more than 1 million downloads.

MarcTG

Licensed User
Longtime User
1 million download is a lot, how many downloads do you get per day? Startapp is not only banner ads, they have all types... From my experience they pay a lot more. Your app could be earning a lot more than 30$/day if you use their splash screen for instance, I see ecpm anywhere from 5-10$ for splash and 3-6$ for interstitial.

MarcTG

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here are some earning from startapp, the impressions in this figure include all types, banner, splash, interstitial, etc... Note that most of my downloads came from non-U.S (Latin America, middle east, africa...), if they were U.S, the income would be at least twice... the highest I've seen per day is around $50

Attachments

• earnings.png
    earnings.png
    232.7 KB · Views: 362

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I used StartApp but in another apps (3rd party store) because their SDK is risky with Google Store. I found that income from StartApp not stabable, one day you can earn $20 but next day may only $2. And their report is very poor too.

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Attachment is my StartApp report since January. You can see the income is up and down without a reason. For example, impressions and downloads in July is bigger than September but July's income is lower.

Ps: I used PPD, banners, interstitial ads in my apps (3rd party stores).

Attachments

• StartApp.png
    StartApp.png
    226.7 KB · Views: 326

MarcTG

Licensed User
Longtime User
Attachment is my StartApp report since January. You can see the income is up and down without a reason. For example, impressions and downloads in July is bigger than September but July's income is lower.

Ps: I used PPD, banners, interstitial ads in my apps (3rd party stores).

I do see earnings from startapp go up and down from time to time. As far as being safe on Google play, their new sdk should be compliant (2.3.5 and up are), the old one that gives ppd is not. Your ecpm is very good on startapp from what i see, do you have ecpm or impressions+earnings from addbudiz?
Thanks!!