Basic Help 4 Beginner

outlawz

Licensed User
Hi to all. I hope that some of you could help me with this basic question. I´m new to Basic4PPC and i´m trying some things with tables and SQL that i found here on the forum. However i always got stuck on the error i attach. Initially i though that was the demo version but i already purchased the standard version and it is the same. Could you please take a look?

Thanks

Attachments

• error con.JPG
    error con.JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 164

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Could you please take a look?
Take a look at what? It's an error message! - but you knew that already :( Without any details it is impossible to help, you will need to post the code that is having problems for us to have any change of assisting you.

outlawz

Licensed User
Sorry. I took that example:
-------------------------
Sub Globals

End Sub
Sub App_Start
Form1.Show
Con.New1
Reader.New1
Tree.New1("Form2", 5, 5, Form2.Width - 10, Form2.Height - 10)
Node.New1
Cmd.New1("",con.Value)
Con.Open("Data Source = " & AppPath & "\Northwind.sl3") 'Opens a connection with the database.
AddEvent("btnExecute",Click,"mnuExecute_Click") 'The button and the menu use the same sub.
End Sub
'Executes the SQL command
Sub mnuExecute_Click
cmd.CommandText = txtCommand.Text
'Executes the user query and fills the table with the result.
cmd.ExecuteTable("table1",500) 'Limits the number of rows to 500 (change to 0 for unlimited)
End Sub
Sub mnuShowScheme_Click
Form2.Show
End Sub
And I keep getting errors on:

Con.New1

Thanks 4 your help.

Regards

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It seems that you did not add the Controls to you applcation. You must add all Controls in the menu under Tools.
First look in Tools/Components if the librarie(s) are in there.
If no you must add it (them).
If yes then you must in Tools/Add object add the Controls.
Click on the type of the control and give it it's name.
Then everything should work.

Otherwise you should post the whole code as an attachemment, this would ease the research.

Best regards.

outlawz

Licensed User
OK Klaus i understand my problem. It is like adding references on VBA. There is a list of which commands correspond to which components?

Thanks for your help. I have to make annual stock counting and i want the PDA to help me on that. Im trying to export inventory to a CVS file and then, with SQL, find a way to make the count easy.

Regards

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User