Other Basic4android v3.00 BETA is released

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all!

The first beta version of Basic4android v3.00 is released.

The main new feature in this version is the rapid debugger: Rapid Debugger
The rapid debugger makes it much easier and quicker to test and debug your code.

Other improvements:
  • Better support for large number of background tasks. This update (together with an update to the Http library) allows you to send hundreds of requests at once.
  • B4A-Bridge - Last 5 IP addresses are stored. F2 connects to the last one. Some other small improvements in the connection process.
  • For loop performance improvement.
  • Activity / Panel.GetAllViewsRecursive. Provides a simple way to iterate over all views.
  • Color picker. Right click in the code editor to show it.
  • List.SortTypeCaseInsensitive method.
  • PhoneSms.Send2 - send sms without notifications.
  • Screenshots tool - Copy to clipboard.
  • Compilation window closes automatically when it loses focus.
  • Bug fixes and other minor improvements (including the fix for Android 4.3 back key issue and the IDE scrolling issue).
Customers (with an enterprise license) who are eligible for a free upgrade should receive an email with a download link.

The rapid debugger feature is the most complicated improvement since B4A v1.00. This is a beta version. It is more than likely that you will encounter issues with it...
Please post any issue in a new thread in the questions forum tagged with the Beta prefix.

v3.00 BETA #6 is now available in the same link. It fixes the issues discussed in the forum.

You can install this version together with other versions of Basic4android.

Thank you all for your help!
:)

Last edited:

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is the beta only for beta-testers or did everyone download the betaversion? If yes; Where can i download the beta?

Upvote 0

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I installed the beta 3 but it installs in same folder and group and desktop icon of 2.71.
The folder to install I can change but not the icons on group and desktop.
How I can use version 2.7.1 and beta 3 together?

Upvote 0