Share My Creation BasicCAT - A Computer-aided Translation Tool, open sourced

I asked Is B4J suitable for complex programs two months ago. And after two months, I did write a CAT tool using B4J and it runs pretty well, meets all I need.

main.png

It has the following features:

• Translation Memory
  • Terminology Management
  • Language Check
  • Select words to get meanings
  • Quickfill
  • AutoCorrect
  • Interactive Machine Translation
  • Export Word for external review
  • Export bilingual paragraph files
  • Merge and split segments freely
  • Online Dictionaries Integration
  • Support Machine Translation Services Provided by Google, Microsoft, etc.
  • Pre-translate based on translation memory and machine translation
  • Support common file formats: TXT, idml, xliff, gettext Po
  • Support translation standards: TMX, TBX and SRX
  • Version Control using Git

Thanks to B4J, I spend only two months making a complicated CAT tool. I want to promote it and let other people use B4J to create a better eco-system. So I've made BasicCAT open sourced under GPLv2, though I am not very experienced and my code has many problems.

The software's homepage: https://www.basiccat.org/

The project on GitHub: https://github.com/xulihang/BasicCAT

rboeck

Licensed User
Longtime User
i try to test basicCat - i find it very impressive, which complex app you made in this short time.
I was not able to bring your work to live at my place: my current problem is the following message: not found: C:\...\commons-strutils.jar
In google i found that solr-common-1.3.0.jar should contain this class and i downloaded and tried to use this file with: #AdditionalJar:sol.....jar, but i does not help.
My java knowledge is not far away from zero, so maybe for someone with better java knowledge this problem is solveable?

xulihang

Licensed User
Longtime User
i try to test basicCat - i find it very impressive, which complex app you made in this short time.
I was not able to bring your work to live at my place: my current problem is the following message: not found: C:\...\commons-strutils.jar
In google i found that solr-common-1.3.0.jar should contain this class and i downloaded and tried to use this file with: #AdditionalJar:sol.....jar, but i does not help.
My java knowledge is not far away from zero, so maybe for someone with better java knowledge this problem is solveable?

commons-strutils.jar is needed by the ApacheStringUtils library.

Here is a list of jars BasicCAT uses:

ABPlugin.jar
ApacheStringUtilsB4J.jar
JavaEWAH-1.1.6.jar
bcprov-jdk15on-154.jar
commons-collections4-4.2.jar
commons-compress-1.18.jar
commons-strutils.jar
fontbox-2.0.12.jar
fuzzywuzzy-1.1.10.jar
icu4j.jar
jsch-0.1.54.jar
jzlib-1.1.1.jar
opennlp-tools-1.9.0.jar
org.eclipse.jgit-5.1.1.201809181055-r.jar
pdfbox-2.0.12.jar
poi-4.0.0.jar
poi-ooxml-4.0.0.jar
poi-ooxml-schemas-4.0.0.jar
slf4j-api-1.7.2.jar
slf4j-simple-1.7.25.jar
sqlite-jdbc-3.23.1.jar
xmlbeans-3.0.1.jar
zip4j-1.3.2.jar

rboeck

Licensed User
Longtime User
if i google for 'commons-strutils.jar' i dont find any downloadable jar file; is it part of another file?

rboeck

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had this file already loaded, made a new line with #AdditionalJar: commons-lang3-3.8.1, but sorry, the message is still the same.

xulihang

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had this file already loaded, made a new line with #AdditionalJar: commons-lang3-3.8.1, but sorry, the message is still the same.

It is needed by the wrapper, so the name may not be changed. The jar is inclueded in the ApacheStringutils.zip which is attatched in the thread link I posted above.

rboeck

Licensed User
Longtime User
It was my mistake, when i unpacked ApacheStringUtilsB4J two years ago; a this time i must have missed one of the files...
Now it starts! Thanks!