Begginer Help Needed

DanDanGong

Greetings all,

I know this might sound really stupid and beginer level for all of you. I coming from a visual studio environment where most of the projects i have done for mobile devices have the Smart Device project type and enable me to start programming.

I have found few really really useful projects on here that i would like to have a look at and also deploy on my Windows Mobile Device.

Can anyone please give us a hand on how to do that?

I can see some: .sbp and .bas files.

Looking forward to any help.

Sincerely

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In "share your creation" and in "code samples and tips" you can find many applications and tools, but you will not be able to download any of them until you become a member of the forum, which means you have to purchase a copy of the B4PPC s/w.

I recommend it !

Prior to that - you can download the examples in the site.

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry, but I don't understand really what you want or need, your question should me more precise.

Did you have a look at the tutorials ?
There you are guided to make your first steps, with simple examples.
Tutorials - Basic4ppc - Windows Mobile Development

You should also have a look at this thread:
http://www.b4x.com/forum/share-your-creations/1738-basic4ppc-program-template.html

As derez aleady pointed out there are a lot of examples in the forum in Share Your Creations and Open Source Projects and also in Code Samples & Tips.

My suggestion is:
- read the help file, the Basics chapter
- look at the tutorials
- look at the B4PPC Template
- begin with a small project and go further step by step.
And when there are concrete problems or questions ask in the forum.

Best regards.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If I understand you correctly, you want to know how to test some samples of code on your mobile...

If this assumption is correct, install the demo version into the mobile device using activesync...Then all you need to do is to copy the un-zipped the samples files into a folder in your mobile, and load the .sbp file into the B4P IDE...and hit run...
Those .bas files you see are modules and do not work as a stand alone..
Un-like visual studio, with Basic4Ppc, you have the abillity to edit the code directly in the device, without having to use an emulator to preview the result.

Last edited: