Best way to do this?

N1c0_ds

Licensed User
I'm still trying to figure out a major design problem with Gecko. When the user selects and application in a list, it is then shown in a new form and the user can see it. Information include title, version, developer name, description and up to 3 screenshots.

I tried displaying it with the WebBrowser library but since it's based on PIE, it allows users to access their favorites and reach other websites. HTML was perfect but I didn't want imposed scrollbar sizes (20 pixels wide is better for the fingers!) and access to the PIE context menu.

By using a panel, a scrollbar, a few labels, image controls and a TEXTBOX for the third control, it would add a scrollbar withing a scrollbar (textbox in panel), unless there is a way to resize a control based on the paragraph size. I like the "no borders" property of textboxex (havn't tried it yet).

Anyone care to help me with this one? It pretty much halted development since I want to finish the core before adding new features.

Mr_Gee

Licensed User
Longtime User
Before anyone asks, don't even think of asking me to implement this one :sign0105:

LOL :)

-=edit=-
added my 2 cents.

Not sure if I got this correctly,
You are using the webbrowser.dll and everything is to your liking, but the access to the context menu, and scroll bars?

You might be able to use the dzHtmlView lib for this, you might need to tweak the html file a bit, but I think it could work the same
With the exception of the context menu.
Also I’m not sure if dzHtmlView accepts non-local html files, but this could be done through downloading (http.lib & binary.dll) the html file
To a temp directory, and read it into a hidden field, next have dzHtmlView display the information….

That way you have full control over the data and not context menu.
scrolling only shows if the text is too big for the area.

-=edit2=-
added an example.

you could just use a txt file with some formatting (and use the DB2000 lib)
that way you can populate more than 1 field.

btw, the actual view works only on the device

Attachments

• dzHtmlView.zip
    19 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:

N1c0_ds

Licensed User
LOL :)

-=edit=-
added my 2 cents.

Not sure if I got this correctly,
You are using the webbrowser.dll and everything is to your liking, but the access to the context menu, and scroll bars?

You might be able to use the dzHtmlView lib for this, you might need to tweak the html file a bit, but I think it could work the same
With the exception of the context menu.
Also I’m not sure if dzHtmlView accepts non-local html files, but this could be done through downloading (http.lib & binary.dll) the html file
To a temp directory, and read it into a hidden field, next have dzHtmlView display the information….

That way you have full control over the data and not context menu.
scrolling only shows if the text is too big for the area.

-=edit2=-
added an example.

you could just use a txt file with some formatting (and use the DB2000 lib)
that way you can populate more than 1 field.

btw, the actual view works only on the device

There won't be more than one file. Only a single offline SQL database. I'm not necessarily looking for HTML, but it does the job well. Another way would be something similar to a tab control. One page for the main stuff, another for the description and the last one for the screenshots. This way it would solve all the problems at once. I would use StrReplace to change <br> for line breaks. This would solve many problems if it works.