Android Question Best way to implement a very accurate time reminder

malaz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all
hope you are doing well

Just wanted to get an idea about the best ordered steps to implement a very accurate changed times reminder for using in critical situations which we have an everyday times list to check ,and works on all 4+ versions of android especially 6, 7, 8 without draining the battery so much.

Actually, i tried more than one technique to prevent system from killing my reminding services and tried sometimes to block CPU sleeping modes and so on, with no success to have an accurate reminder that does't lose any scheduled time stamp especially on Android 6, 7, 8.

I used for example:
B4X:
#StartCommandReturnValue: android.app.Service.START_STICKY
ServiceStartAt
ServiceStartAtExact
Service.StartForground
PartialLock

I am wondering if anyone recently has tested an effective technique to achieve this demand.

Thanks in advance

Best wishes to all great members

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You want to have the timer on what interval?

Starting the same time on next day? or specific hour.

What exactly are you trying to archieve?

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I didn't experience any "skipping" of alarms when using those same methods you initially posted.
The only drawback experienced so far is due to the user's device being turned off at the time of the alarm. But even the standard alarm app that comes with almost any device is not always able to automatically turn on the device (there are a few interesting posts available on the Internet on this matter).

Are you willing to put together a simple app that demonstrates a skipping situation? Maybe the problem is in your code (or the differences due to Android versions).

Upvote 0

malaz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks @udg
It seems like what you have mentioned, and also "skipping" happens in devices that have memory processes cleaner installed and sometimes on some devices when enabling power saving features in newer OS versions.

So, for that i am searching for the best solution, technique or any flexible usage of exist functions to make the reminding operation more accurate as possible.

Upvote 0