Bit of help

Discussion in 'Questions (Windows Mobile)' started by tiasyd1, Mar 23, 2009.

1. tiasyd1

tiasyd1 Member

HELP:sign0104:
    I want my program to open a folder and list the items in it so i can select what i need from this folder to use .
    What box do i use is it a txt box or a combo box .This box will have jpegs or gifs i want to select it will be a folder called outlook.
    Any help would be greatful

2. derez

derez Expert Licensed User

start by using filesearch, which makes an arraylist of all the files in the selected directory.
    Then copy the items to a list box which enables you to select an item from a displayed list.
    Look at Erel's GPS4PPC program, he makes a list of the available ports and select one of them ( called "lstPorts" there).
    The launching of the specific file can be done by Shell command with the name of the file, if there is a program that can open this file.

3. tiasyd1

tiasyd1 Member

Still stuck

Can someone please write a sample that i can open a folder and display in a text box
    so i can test and work from thanks
    :sign0104:

4. RichardW

RichardW Member Licensed User

5. ExcludeReality

ExcludeReality Active Member Licensed User

A simple file viewer

I wrote a simple file viewer to show you how it works. It will list all files at specified path and runs them when you select them from a listbox

Attached Files:

6. derez

derez Expert Licensed User

Well done :)
    I added open dialog to enable the selection of directory, and separated the file name from the dir name to show only the file name without the path.
    It works on the device also, but may take a minute to collect all the files.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  7. ExcludeReality

ExcludeReality Active Member Licensed User

Great improvements. But i would prefer not to use an open-dialog. It is made for opening files, Wich means you can't open an empty folder because there are no files inside

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice