Blue Screen of Death BSOD

AndyDroid2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I downloaded B4A and the SDK for android and Java today.
When I open a b4a project named duck, downloaded as source from these forums I get a bsod within seconds. I also get the crash with just the minimal default source shown when b4a editor opens so I dont think its sourcecode related.

My paths for the two sdk are

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_11\bin\javac.exe
C:\Users\......\android\b4a\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64\sdk\platforms\android-17\android.jar

although there is another jar

C:\Users\......\android\b4a\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64\sdk\platforms\android-15\android.jar

and I used the android manager to install for android 4.0.3 since that is the rev of my tablet.

What could cause the crash ?
I have the minidump from each crash but so far have not downloaded MS SDK to get dumpchk.exe

System is Vista Home Edition which has not seen a bsod in 3 years until today. No hardware or videocard changes or anything but software downloads, though I might rollback to a checkpoint or uninstall b4a and the sdk and begin again to see what happens.

Last edited:

AndyDroid2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Downloaded the Trial Version about 6 hrs ago ~ 1.30am gmt

Retested an hour ago.

Load source code
wait 5 seconds
BSOD

note: the duck project was missing a file sgun.png which I added by copying gun.png as a workaround at the beginning of evaluation because initially I was getting file not found when the project loaded.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AndyDroid2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you - that is good information.

I will now try loading other large apps like a big video editor package and so on to see if its memory usage related. Then malwarebytes and AV on the system.

Upvote 0

AndyDroid2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, suddenly everything is working.
I managed to create an AVD and saw the emulation appear.
I can load the duck project as well as some samples, like SimpleDrawFunctions and no crash.

Since I did not have any good result to compare, it looked like an SDK failure but no. The worst fault is a hard fault that then disappears.

Thank you for the dialog. Must get some sleep then later I will download the b4a-bridge to my tablet.

very exciting stuff.

Upvote 0

Overlord

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have update my computer to windows 8.1 and since this I have BSOD when I use basic4android . last time several minutes ago when I scrool the code in the editor ( I use A registre 3.00 version of basic 4 android)

Upvote 0