Android Question BlueTooth Barcode re- pairscanner connection issues

rbtcotton

Licensed User
Longtime User
We have a issue when the Bluetooth scanner pairing with a tablet.

On a LG tablet the b4a barcode scanning app works great. Pairing to the scanner works great as well. No problems with the scanner or app during the scanning and pairing events on the LG tablet. The scanner will time out after 1 minute to save the battery of the scanner and pair on the fly after a new scan of a barcode.

The same app and same scanner on a Samsung Tab 4 tablet works when the Bluetooth scanner is pair before the app starts. When the scanner times out (no pairing to the scanner) - (after 1 minute), the scanner pairs to the tablet after a new scan which causes the scanning app on the tablet to automatic restarted. Settings are lost when it restarts and the app starts again for the first time.

The LG tablet is 1 year old and the Samsung is new.

In our application, a large warehouse, the scanner will need to pair and repair to follow the workflow process and save the battery on the scanner.
We are using HID Slave mode on the scanner.

Anyone have any suggestions that may help solve the problem?

Much thanks for your time

fatman

Licensed User
Longtime User
The Problem is not B4A: had to face the same problems especially with "new" devices running Bluetooth 4.0 and older scanners.
To my mind the problems are caused by different BT-versions and so called protocols.
I´ve found no solution so far. I´d be glad if someone has a solution or at least a workaround.

Fatman

Upvote 0

rbtcotton

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the input. I will check with the scanner maker for a update on the scanner to Bluetooth 4.0....

We are not using Bluetooth Admin... Set as a HID slave... Works great on older tablets..

Thanks again for the insight...

RBT

Upvote 0